Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Should I get a sugar glider

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  gr8pots 
#1 ·
My husband and I are considering getting a sugar glider. We want a female. We have heard good and bad things about them. What are your opionions?
I would like to talk to someone that has sugar gliders

Thanks

#2 ·
Hello :)

I was kind of considering getting them myself for awhile now. One thing holding me back is that they are nocturnal and can be loud at night. They make a barking sound and make other noises too. I live in an apartment and I'm kind of afraid they would be loud enough to keep the people downstairs up at night, not to mention my boyfriend.

Also, you shouldn't get just one sugar glider. You should always get at least two. They are highly social and often get depressed when kept alone.

Anyways, I don't have any gliders now but I've worked with them before. They arn't always friendly and can take a lot of work to get them to be. I think like any other pet they are perfect for some people and not such a great pet for others, it all depends on what your looking for in a pet and how much you're willing to put into them. Do you research, and maybe try to go visit someone who has them? It's hard to really understand what they're like unless you actually meet them.

Good luck whatever you decide! :)

#5 ·
I have two female sugar gliders that are sisters but are 6 months apart in age. They are both very sweet. Sugar gliders do take more care than a dog or cat but are really great pets. Please do lots of research before making a decision. These sweet little creatures can live up to 15 years so it is a long term commitment. Sugar gliders are not for everyone. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.