Simple questions...... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Simple questions......

Hello I am going to buy a sugar glider and I have dome my research but they do not explain a few things so I'm going to ask.
I know they are up at night while I'm sleeping but do they make alot of noise or are they pretty quiet???? And I will feed fruits like apples, carrots and crickets along with the water, sample foods and that such and they one recipe thing with all they need but i need to know do I feed that with the other food or on different days?????
As for his encloser I'm going with a 36" tall 14" deep and 18" wide is this okay for one????

Thank you,
Zach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

I'm sorry for my poor spelling I was In a hurry.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 10:31 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

They do need a wheel, so they sound of that going round and round is about the noisiest thing. Sometimes they will bark at night also. I know some people who have them in their bedroom, but I personally think they are too noisy for that.

As far as diet goes, you need to pick a proven diet and follow it. Different diets use different things, so as you have not mentioned a specific diet, I am not sure which one you are referring to.

If you have a look at the diet page of my website, it will show you links of the most popular:
http://www.critterhill.com/SugarGliderDiet.html

Gliders need lots of room to play in their cage, so I would say you need something a bit bigger than what you mention, something like 30x20x36. Have you looked on ebay, you can usually find some good deals on their for cages and they are a lot cheaper than what you find in the pet store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Ok, thank you so much.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

leadbeaters mix is what I was talking about.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

All I can find is 30x 18x 36x will this work????
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 12:05 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

Yeah that is a good size.

There is the original leadbeaters mix and then there is BML (Bourbon's Modifed Leadbeaters) which was modified according to the ingredients available in the US.

We feed the BML
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

ya I'm gonna do bml I found the recipe.

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 06:57 PM

I keep my gliders (all 4 of them, 2 unneutered males, 2 females) in my bed room, and I have a SMALL bed room. They're fine, some times they'll all 4 start barking at eachother and it takes a little bit to get every one calmed down enough so I can get back to sleep, but normally, their wheel and normal noises don't bother me much (as soon as I say that it'll change... lol) but so far so good...the smell, as long as you keep them clean the unneutered males arnt that bad... way better then when I had ferrets.
I also feed BML. you need to give them fresh fuirt and veggies every night along with the BML. Mine don't like crickets...I feed meal worms, and to me the mealies are better. Not noisey like crickets, and dont hop away! lol I change the veggies and fruits I use ofton. go to www.glidercentral.net thats one of the BEST sugar glider sites out there.
Good luck with your new baby!

Tags
meal worms, neutered male, pet store, sugar glider