Single? Or Pair? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 08:33 PM
Kritter_Keeper

Question Single? Or Pair?

Hello, I am getting a male neutered sugar glider soon. I have been told that he needs a mate (if you can call it that, lol). I would be spending most of my time with him, he would only be alone while I was at school. Does he need a buddy? He is in the progress of being unbonded with his sister who he has always lived with. Will this have a real negative impact on him?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 08:18 PM
Moving Out to Accommodate Her Pets

Hi Kritter
How old is he? It is too bad that you could not of gotten both of them because if a gliders mate is killed , dies or generally goes away they can get very depressed even to the point of getting sick. With lots of love and attention if it was a young single sg i would say it would probably be ok but you will have to keep a real close eye on him for awhile because he has had a friend up till now. If he is older you may be able to get a friend for him through the glider exchange which was set up for those that need to rehome their gliders.
Good luck
Barb

http://community.webshots.com/user/possummomca
Pets are for life
Not just for xmas
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 06:52 AM
Kritter_Keeper

He is 2 and a half years old. The girl has seperated him and his sister, and she says he's doing fine. He likes to be held. I am hoping I can get him a friend, but right now I cannot afford another glider. I do take in small animal rescues, so maybe one of these days a glider will come to me looking for a home. Until then, I'll just have to give him lots of attention.... and by the looks of the pictures... I don't think it will be too hard

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 11:43 AM
Chinta0

I have succes on both side of this issue. I had 2 females living together and I seperated them so I coul;d breed the one and soon buy another male for the other, but in the mean time she is doing very well. I have had no problemns with her at all. I do give her alot more attention mind you, so I am glad to hear that your little guy will be very well loved. Giving him a friend is not a bad idea in the future when you can afford one, this will make him a bit more happy when youy can't be with him. Remember though you should do an introduction period before just putting them together. Some people don't, but I find it works out very well and my gliders end up happy in the end.
Cheryl

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 12:52 PM
Kritter_Keeper

Cool thanks! Just wanted to make sure that he wouldn't go crazy without another of his own. Nice to know that. I will definately spend lots of time with him

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 11:06 AM
Chinta0

Kritter_Keeper you will make a great glider mom. I hope you will post pics for us.
Cheryl

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 12:42 PM
Kritter_Keeper

Hopefully I'll be a good glider-dad.... LOL! At least, I think I'm a guy....

Tags
animal rescue, doing fine, sugar glider