Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Sugar Gliders

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Fuzzy 
#1 ·
First off Hello everyone we are new to these forums. :wavey: Now that I got that out of the way I am thinking about bringing to sugar gliders into our family and I was wondering from any sugar glider owners what kinda pets are they. I mean the pet store lady told me they are loners when they are older, someone else told me they are loving no matter what age. I guess I'm just asking if their's any tips anyone has or just general info beyond what I've found on them that anyone can provide me. Thanks for everyones help and look forward to discussing more with everyone.

#2 ·
hey and welcome to Paw Talk! I own three sugar gliders. They've been in my family for about seven years now. I love my guys to bits! Gliders are VERY sociable animals and I would suggest buying more then one or they could become very depressed. It's preferable to buy them when young and from a breeder.
Sugar gliders are a lot more difficult to keep then a hampster or a gerbil so a lot of research is necessary. They also require special diets and a larger cage.
Don't let all this scare you because they really are awsome pets and love attention! lol
Kristina

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.