Torn skin - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Question Torn skin

I just got a family of 4 gliders. 2 males and 2 females. I really don't know what to do. The two females each have a hole on them.one is on the shoulder of the younger glider and the older glider has it on the top of her body. i at first thought it was a male and i looked close at it today and found out that is a hole on her . i will put neosporin on it but don't know what else i should do. they said once the younger one is healed and i leave them alone and let them adjust they would be fine well luck is running out it has only been a week and they each have holes on them again. At first it was only the youngest i had to take out now i had to take out the 2 females anyone have any info on what i should do now ? should i keep them seperated. because its a family issue. dad and his son and his two daughters.

My Zoo:

Centa my bearded Dragon

Zoey and Blaze my minature dachshund's

Rainbow my Beta fish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 06:45 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I would seperate them and you probably should take them to a vet who knows about sugar gliders.They probably need antibiotics for infection better to be safe than sorry with them.You never know when a tear can turn to a deadly infection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Playful Pup

sorry to hear about the injuries, this sounds like it was probably from a fight or another animal grabbing them through the cage or something sometime in their past. they definitly need vet care for this.these kinds of injuries often need a round of antibiotics to kill or prevent infections,these infections over time can even become infections of the blood,very serious. sorry to hear about it and i hope they get better,best of luck with them.
Cynthia

Cynthia
Canadian based
http://ambrookes.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/abclovebirds
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/abcsugargliders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 09:22 AM
Adolescent Pup

I would suggest taking them to the vet actually.. have you considered an illness or bacterial infection?

~*Tonia*~
My Ga Glider Brag Page

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Yup, I agree. Separate them and call the vet. Infections can be deadly

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

How is your Sugar Gliders doing?

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Smile

They are doing better. The father is healing nicely. I think i need to give them each there own friend or partner. And then i think everything will be ok with them. I think the reason for all the problems is that the children are all at maturity and trying to find there place in the family. They will be ok though.

My Zoo:

Centa my bearded Dragon

Zoey and Blaze my minature dachshund's

Rainbow my Beta fish

Tags
sugar glider, sugar gliders, vet care