Well what do you think? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2004, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Well what do you think?

After the death of my last hamster, I have been thinking about possibilites for new pets. I have always loved sugar gliders, when I was younger I would beg my mom to take me to the pet store so I could look at the little guys. Now I know that sugar gliders and hamsters are so much different. I have researched a ton about sugar gliders. The reason I am posting is to see if you guys have any opinions on weither or not I should get a sugar glider or two.

I can definitely afford to buy all the necessary equipment for the gliders. I can also afford to pay vet bills. Everyday I could give my gliders at least 3 hours playtime outside their cage with me. I have had tons of experience with animals, especially exotic animals. I know they can live for a long time (up to 15 years I believe) and I would be ready to make that commitment.

What do you think? Do I meet the requirements of a glider owner?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2004, 02:41 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I think you do. I say go for it!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 07:07 AM
Adolescent Pup

sounds good to me. where do you live? i have a little girl that is a wf het available now that needs a home as well as two neutered males that are a year and a half old.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~*Tonia*~
My Ga Glider Brag Page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 08:06 PM

How much is she Tmarie? Do you ship? I too am going to be a first time glider owner. I have one female on hold from Mason Marsupials in Mankato Minnesota. Thats alot of M's. but yeah, I need another female.

"A society whose poets are not warriors and whose warriors are not poets is destined to have it's philosophy crafted by cowards and it's wars fought by fools"
- Unknown

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 03:16 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

How old are you Mike? You sound like you have it all thought out. Just remember if you are still school age and planning to go to college, not all dorms will allow pets. So if that is the case you need to think what will happen to them then.

Can you afford to get two? They really do like the company of another and they will still bond to you aswell.

Are you a member of Glider Central? It is a huge Sugar Glider forum with tons of good information and you might also be able to find a good breeder in your area on there.

Sounds like you are on the right track.

Catherine
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 03:20 PM

Errrr so what happened to the glider you said you had in the other thread in May that was 5 months old?

Catherine
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 03:29 PM

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18758

So what happened to Gizmo and Nemo?

In one thread 05-21-2004 you say you have 1 sugar glider, in another 05-13-2004 you have 2 and here you make it sound like you have never owned them before.

So lets see on 5/13 you had 2, by 5/21 (8 days later) you only have one and now 3 months later you have never owned any and desperately want one or two?

Hmmm well you sure have me confused. I'm sure there is a simple explanation

Catherine
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Those are my older brother Tylers. My brother had been on a 2 month trip to Africa. He had brought them over to my house for me to take care of. Now I have taken care of them before except I bet there is a big difference between babysitting them and owning them.

Tags
exotic animals, neutered male, pet store, sugar glider, sugar gliders