Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

what kind of cage can i use?

4K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  sara8 
#1 ·
i went to a couple different pet supply places today to find a good cage for my new sugar gliders. i looked at a parrot cage that had the measurements of 30hx24lx21w and had the thin bars with skinny spaces between. will this be good for them or should i order an actual glider cage off the internet? also where do i find supplies toys ect. i found what looks like a really good diet and a website that sells the staple food it recommended (zookeepers secret) and the vitamins it recommended too. just wondering if anyone has any tips for me? thank-you

#2 ·
Hey Sarah

The minimum cage size I would recommend for 2 gliders would be 2x2x3 feet. The space between the bars needs to be 1/2 inch or less. Thatcage is a little bit to small. We sell cages, but are not set up to ship yet. We finally found a box big enough, but now we have to get it weighed and see how much it would cost to ship them.

We do sell supplies though if you want to check our store out www.thesugargliderstore.com and have a look at our other website www.critterhill.com and you can find lots of information about Sugar Gliders there.

What diet were you going to feed? We use BML and our Sugar Gliders love it.

#3 ·
Catherine said:
Hey Sarah

The minimum cage size I would recommend for 2 gliders would be 2x2x3 feet. The space between the bars needs to be 1/2 inch or less. Thatcage is a little bit to small. We sell cages, but are not set up to ship yet. We finally found a box big enough, but now we have to get it weighed and see how much it would cost to ship them.

We do sell supplies though if you want to check our store out www.thesugargliderstore.com and have a look at our other website www.critterhill.com and you can find lots of information about Sugar Gliders there.

What diet were you going to feed? We use BML and our Sugar Gliders love it.
it is a diet that i found on the internet it was developed for a place called suncoast s.g. i was going to type it all out but there is alot to it. the address is www.sugar-glider.com/sugar-gliderdiet.htm i went to your store but i couldn't find a place to pull up what you have.

#4 ·
sara8 said:
it is a diet that i found on the internet it was developed for a place called suncoast s.g. i was going to type it all out but there is alot to it. the address is www.sugar-glider.com/sugar-gliderdiet.htm i went to your store but i couldn't find a place to pull up what you have.
nope that's not the right address

#6 ·
Catherine said:
You went to www.thesugargliderstore.com ? The menu is on the left hand side. You click on a button and it takes you to a new page. :)

The suncoast diet is one of the more popular diets. If your Sugar Glider will eat the staple, it will be fine.
could be my computer as it isn't running right but it isn't pulling anything up on the left side:( i wish it would cause i am anxious to buy their things, especially from someone who knows all about gliders since i am a beginner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.