Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Where & how much are sugar gliders to buy?

14K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  marellderpet 
#1 ·
I have been reading about these awesome animals the sugar gliders and was wondering who sells them. I live in North East Ohio and have never heard of them being sold. If anyone knows where and howmuch they are please let me know.
Thank You,
Tiffany

#6 ·
Thank You everyone!!! You have all been so helpful, now I have a couple when I can take care of one...right now my life has become so busy I can not take on anymore animals, although I would love to get one they are so adorable. But thanks anyway guys I'll keep your info in mind for the near future hopefully!:tyvm:

#7 ·
When you are ready, always get two (same sex is better since there are already so many homeless gliders). Gliders are colony animals and get depressed without company.

#9 ·
Tiff & Jerry said:
I have been reading about these awesome animals the sugar gliders and was wondering who sells them.
I live in Florida and I own two twin brother SG - I purchased my two SG for $250..... most breeders will give you a good deal if you take two of them home instead of just one lonely one.

Try looking at Oodle.com or Adpost.com - they allow you to search for pets by state.

My cage cost me $145 from SunCoast - located in Tampa Florida (they deliver - s/h $6 flat fee).

#11 ·
Go for the rehomed ones

I got both of my gliders through Craig's List. Rehomed gliders are a lot of work, though. They are such shy, careful creatures to begin with, and when they have to get to know new people all over again, it takes a lot of patience on the part of both the humans and the gliders. Nevertheless, I can't imagine doing it any other way, with the number of homeless gliders out there. I have recently seen more posts on Craig's List in my area of people looking for homes for their gliders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.