Where & how much are sugar gliders to buy? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
What the shell! :)

Smile Where & how much are sugar gliders to buy?

I have been reading about these awesome animals the sugar gliders and was wondering who sells them. I live in North East Ohio and have never heard of them being sold. If anyone knows where and howmuch they are please let me know.
Thank You,
Tiffany

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
our lil family
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mr & Mrs

& Maggie-the dogs

& Cleo - the cats

sushi & Fuji - the rats
...and the turtles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 10:58 PM

i don't lnow who sells them but it looks like you have a degu
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 11:44 PM

they sell them here in Montana at a pet store..but i'm not sure if that really helps you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 03:00 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Look around ohio for breeders or rescues. Sugar gliders aren't the easiest of pets. I'm sure people dump them all the time. Just do A LOT of research before you buy.

*Missy*
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 10:04 AM

I live in northeast ohio too. I live in mogadore, which is about 25 minutes from akron. There arent' many breeders that i know of around here, i had to get my Gizmo shipped in from oaklahoma on a plane. I do know of one breeder now that lives in akron. Her website is TNR Gliders :: NE Ohio Sugar Glider Breeder (News)

She may have some babies for you. I hope this helps!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
What the shell! :)

Thank You everyone!!! You have all been so helpful, now I have a couple when I can take care of one...right now my life has become so busy I can not take on anymore animals, although I would love to get one they are so adorable. But thanks anyway guys I'll keep your info in mind for the near future hopefully!

our lil family

The Mr & Mrs

& Maggie-the dogs

& Cleo - the cats

sushi & Fuji - the rats
...and the turtles
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 05:30 PM

When you are ready, always get two (same sex is better since there are already so many homeless gliders). Gliders are colony animals and get depressed without company.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 06:27 PM

I would check Petfinder and local rescues. The rescue I volunteer for gets them in every once and a while.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 01:49 AM
Part of the Pack

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff & Jerry
I have been reading about these awesome animals the sugar gliders and was wondering who sells them.
I live in Florida and I own two twin brother SG - I purchased my two SG for $250..... most breeders will give you a good deal if you take two of them home instead of just one lonely one.

Try looking at Oodle.com or Adpost.com - they allow you to search for pets by state.

My cage cost me $145 from SunCoast - located in Tampa Florida (they deliver - s/h $6 flat fee).
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 02:00 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Exotics

I don't really like this site.. and didn't read the posts.. some of the owners on this site know nothing about their pets.. but blah there ya go.

[/CENTER]

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:59 PM

Go for the rehomed ones

I got both of my gliders through Craig's List. Rehomed gliders are a lot of work, though. They are such shy, careful creatures to begin with, and when they have to get to know new people all over again, it takes a lot of patience on the part of both the humans and the gliders. Nevertheless, I can't imagine doing it any other way, with the number of homeless gliders out there. I have recently seen more posts on Craig's List in my area of people looking for homes for their gliders.

Tags
pet store, sugar glider, sugar gliders