won't eat her vegies - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

won't eat her vegies

She won't eat her fruits or vegies out of her dish. She will eat the BML mix very well out of the same type of dish. The only way I can get her to eat the fuits and vegies is to hand feed them to her. I was only feeding her the vegies listed but lately I've moved to others just to see if shed eat them and she won't. I've cut them small big and medium, i've adjusted to less BML so shed have to find something else. ive tried apple sauce ive even put a tad of honey on them. her health seems fine, she plays and climbs and sleeps and drinks but she will only eat what i personally give to her (except the BML)...please help

EDIT: She will also eat these glider formula pellets on her own (which was also a last resort when she stopped eating her fruits and vegies)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Part of the Pack

Arrow

What you have here is what we in the glider community call a "picky eater" - and don't worry as many gliders are picky eaters... a few of mine are.

There is two ways that you can try to resolve this issue:

1. After you have defrosted the BML mix stir the fruits in vegetables into the mix and see if your glider will it that way.

2. Use the Vegetable Relish & Fruit Smoothie mix to get your glider to eat their fruits and vegetables.
http://www.freewebs.com/sugargliders4u2/

I have been using the #2 method for a year now and my gliders clean their plated every night.
I decrease the honey amount to 2 TBSP.

R h a p s o d y -
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

awesome the good thing about me feeding her was that she began to bond with me fast even if she did mistake me for food a few times. I have tried mixing her food in with the BML, it doesn't do much good. And the link for the glider diet has been deleted. I'll see if i can search and find what ur talking about.

BTW has anyone ever seen a glider carry a piece of cloth or shred of clothing around? I cut up an old shirt and put some in the bottom of her cage and some in her sleeping pouch. She will carry the piece in her pouch out eventually returning it to the pouch and coming back out to play without it. this seems odd to me and is a little confusing...?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Part of the Pack

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmchapma View Post
And the link for the glider diet has been deleted. I'll see if i can search and find what ur talking about.
Please define what (or which diet) you are talking about here.

Did you see the link I provided in my last post?

R h a p s o d y -