Any marmoset monkey Owners??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Any marmoset monkey Owners???

I was wondering if there is any other Marmoset Monkey owners on here? I have a 5 month old Male marmoset. I have had him since he was 6 weeks old. He is the most sweetiest and adorable exotic pet ever. They are very common pets in Florida.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 11:34 AM
is a little "special"

I dont think that anyone here does... But you need to post pics once you get 20 posts!! I want to see one, LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Hey Jess, I know in the South they are Popular pets. I was not sure how to post a pic of Tarzan. But I dohavean album on her with Tarzan and my other pets. Not sure if you can look at it. Like i said i am new to this site. but I really like it here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Part of the Pack

I dont know of any one on here that owns one either, but I too would love to see pics of your marmoset monkey once you are able to post pics...... one question - How big do they get?

R h a p s o d y -
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I have a pic of him and my Dogs in my Album. If you can look it up you will be my Tarzan. They are one of the smallest monkeys from South America. They only get get up to 16 inch and weigh about 1lb maybe less. But you do have to get a Class III Permit to have a monkey as a pet in Florida. Not sure about other states. but I do know Where I grew up in New Jersey they are Banned also RI,MASS, Some Parts of N.Y. Like i said all states have Diff. rules. But I have NO regrets of getting him. All together cage, monkey,food worth a yr,toys and other little thingsi spent about $3000. Wel, My Husband did. LOL! this is my Early
X-MAS Gift from him! LOL!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Most easy way to put it he is a little taller then a soda can. he is 5 months old.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 09:03 PM
is a little "special"

Awww, I saw his pic! He is SO cute!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Jess, Isn't tarzan just the cuttiest little monkey ever? HEHEHEHE
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Part of the Pack

Awwwww - he is adorable and sooooo small.
How does is he around the house when he has to go potty? - does he return to his cage for this or does he wear a diaper when out of the cage?

I use to own and breed Sugar Gliders - thats about as exotic as I have gone with pets.

R h a p s o d y -
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

how do they fair with sexual maturity? in their behavior.

[/CENTER]

post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 04:15 PM
is a little "special"

Yeah, he is definatly adorable!
What do they eat? Ive seen monkeys on TV, and it looks like it would e fun to make their dinners, LOL. (I just enjoy feeding animals... Hehe )

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Hello Earthling

Aww he is cute

post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I do have diapers but he seems to go into hiscage when he needs to go. He does not poop or pee on anyone or anything. lol! I feed him a special can of meet made for primates. And he also gets Fresh Fruits an Veggies, Yogurt, baby cereal,Monkey biscuits, Monkey O's He loves pizza crust and Jello. mainly they can eat almost anything as a person eats. The minutes he sees me get home from work at 8:30am he knows it it breakfast time and playtime out of his cage. He starts calling me with his little screech. TOOO CUTE! I have NO regrets on spending Big bucks for my Little Man.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I had read alot of stuff about marmosets that people say about them and 75% of the people are sooo off on things. These little guys are not mean. someone wrote that having a marmoset is like having triplets. LOL! **** no, not even close. I have a daughter that has a little bit of autism but not bad like other kids and she is more work then Tarzan and that is 1 kid. I read people said they smell. Not at all. I had Suger Gliders and they have a stronge smell. LOL! I would have 5 marmosets before I get a ferret put it that way. LOL! But you do have to learn about them before getting one and you do need to have time for them just like a kid.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 04:06 PM
is a little "special"

They sound so fun! If I even got a marmoset, it would eat dinner with me every night! Reminds me of the bird I used to have- He LOVED Life cereal and oatmeal cookies. Anything "people food"!

Tags
marmoset