Chipmunks?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Question Chipmunks??

! Umm I was looking at the adoption page on this website and it says chipmunks! Now that would be a great pet to have and I would love to adopt one...its just....I always thought they were illegal to own. Maybe I am wrong. I live in California so it would be GREAT if someone could help me! Thanks an advance! And sorry if this is posted in the wrong place lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 12:05 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Hi there, I live in california too They are definetly illegal to own here, just like most other exotic pets, lol. That's about all I know, sorry I'm not more helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 03:07 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

CiciGlider they are illegal in Australia too but very vvery occassionally people are allowed to keep them. Like for instance say they found an injured chipmunk, looked after it until it returned to good health but it would never survive in the wild again...then people with high authority (I know so much on the subject don't I!!lol I think it's animal welfare!) come and assess the situation and decide if it is okay. But everywhere has different laws so I guess it might be possible in some states with a permit or something! The day they make it legal in Aus is the day I go and get myself one!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 05:59 AM
Mia
Formerly Known as Nico

I have 3 Chp,Dip & dale and you would love them.
I know it is a bummer some states are so tuff on Exotics.Guess you all will have to move to Ohio

:rainbow:
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 03:09 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh Mia we will have to live through you so stories and pics are a must!!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Mia
Formerly Known as Nico

I wil try to get pics today

:rainbow:
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 04:03 AM

Smile Keeping a chipmunk.

Hello Mia,
We live in Singapore and we kept one before. Our Dad bought it from Malaysia.It's fun keeping one.Wish you good luck on finding one!

Regards,
A.I.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Adolescent Pup

here is a pic of 1 of my chipmunks in their run
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chipmunk.jpg (22.5 KB, 25 views)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Aww they are cute!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Newborn Pup

If you're going to have a chipmunk as a pet it is very important that you build suitable housing for it. THey are very active animals, so a small enclosure will not work and could harm it's health.

The best home is a large outdoor run completely fenced in fine mesh, with attached indoor housing. There should also be fencing sunk down into the ground because chipmunks can dig.

Lane

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

this is very old, and the person who originally wrote this I don't think is around anymore

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Tags
animal welfare, exotic pets