chipmunks - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

chipmunks

is it legal to keep them as a pet in ohio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 05:44 AM
Curmudgeon

No, not if it is a native species.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygala
No, not if it is a native species.
If that's the case, then it depends on what species of chipmunk you get right? If so, easterns (Tamius striatus) would not be legal, but any of the other 27 species of chipmunk would be allowed, as long as they're not protected species. However, the vast majority of those species are not available unless you catch one. Not sure what species is the one sold in pet stores on occasion, but I think it might be the eastern.

Hey, it's better than Slimyfeathery, right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

the way i ended up with then my sister gave then to me her husband found then when they were digging a basment and they had there eyes still closed and he brought them home and she bottle fed them till they was able to eat food and gave them to me they are tame and playful thats why i was asking thanks
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Adolescent Pup

Could you post some pictures? I love chipmunks

Lois Isabel

Tags
pet store, pet stores