Codimunda - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Codimunda

I hope I spelled that right.
A couple brought one in the vet clinic wed.He was 6 weeks old,already been nuetered,claws removed and canine teeth extracted.His blood sugar was very low.Awesome looking little guy.I wanted to sneak him in my pocket and bring him home with me.LOL
I had never seen one in real life just a picture.He was very friendly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 11:54 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Runt, what is a Codimunda? I don't think I've ever heard of it. Is it a wild animal? Or an exotic that is imported? What do they look like? Is it a type of wild cat?
awww 6 weeks old... neutered and they remove the canine teeth? Is there a reason for the tooth extractions?
Sorry for all the questions

[center]

[
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 12:58 AM
Miss New Booty

Wow, sounds awesome! I'm with Deja, I have never heard of one??

~* Jackie *~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 03:18 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

I love coatimundi, they are adorable animals! It's so sad that he's been treated like that (fixed at 6 weeks, declawed, teeth...), I wish you had been able to sneak him home in your pocket!
Coati pics
Coati info

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 08:34 AM

Aww the poor little guy. They are beautiful little guys aren't they?
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 09:07 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

They are so adorable - with that long nose! That's so neat Runt - I'm jealous!!

~ Jodi ~

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 11:24 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

They're gorgeous but I'd never have the patience to have one. It's like having a perpetual 3 year old who can get into ANYTHING, even open cabinet locks, trash cans, etc. Not for me, but thanks for sharing!!

Stephanie

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

fixed at 6 weeks, declawed, teeth...),
Becki this little guy was bought at an exotic pet sale.He came from a veterinarian that raises different kinds of exotics.The couple bought him that way.They paid $450.00 for him(more than I could afford.
I do agree with Jade this little guy seemed like a little spit fire.The lady said he was very active.He is also very quick.lol
The vet tech where I work was trying to get him out of the cage.She was using a small towel trying to get him.I just kinda rooted myself in and picked him up with my bare hands.
The little techie is afraid of stuff like that LMBO but not me.

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 01:38 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I was able to read the info on them - but when I clicked the link to see the picture I was prompted for a username and password...hrrrm.

Is there a secret club I don't know about!?

I'll poke around and find a pic! they sound really interesting!

[center]

[
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 11:13 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Here you go, Deja: http://www.rzu2u.com/coatimundi.htm

Stephanie

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 11:45 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Thank you Jade!!!

omg - wow they're really cute! They do sound like quite a handful though!

[center]

[
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2003, 02:17 AM
Adolescent Pup

This is a Coatimundi. This is Tara some of you have seen her I have had her since she was 5 wks old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tara1.jpg (58.2 KB, 58 views)
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2003, 06:20 AM
Adolescent Pup

they are way too cute!!!! I love the tail!! Rebel is that Tara in your avatar??

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Adolescent Pup

yes
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 11:22 AM
Adolescent Pup

I can only guess you need a permit for owning one of these guys eh? :3

Psst...I have baby ringneck doves for sale! Pieds and an albino! Contact me for availability and pricing! Shipping can be worked out!

Tags
vet clinic, vet tech, wild animal