Costa Rican Zebra Tarantula - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 02:42 PM
Akasha

Question Costa Rican Zebra Tarantula

Any one out there ever have a costa rican zebra tarantula? If you ever ahd i was wondering if you would care to share your expericence with one. How are they for handling/ how's there temperment.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 02:47 PM
Akasha

for anyone who has no idea wat i'm talking about.
Attached Images
File Type: gif a-seemani.gif (46.3 KB, 28 views)

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 02:48 PM
Akasha

another

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 02:49 PM
Akasha

one more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aphonopelma_-seemanni__costa_rican_zebra.jpg (27.0 KB, 26 views)

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 02:52 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Okay, now that is a pretty spider. BUT I need to get the heck outta this forum, cause it's freaking me out! LOL!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 02:59 PM
Herp Nerd

I haven't kept zebras specifically, but I have worked with them at a pet shop, and I have kept many other Aphonopelma species, and they are all pretty much similar. They are relatively calm, deliberate animals, not prone to freaking out or biting - some can be a little touchy/nervous, but its not bad. They are not overly secretive, they don't mine hanging out where you can see them most of the time... but they do like to have a place to retreat to if they want to hide. Their urticating hairs aren't too bad, but can still be a serious issue if not washed off quickly or get into your eyes - so handling should really be kept to a minimum.

They're a real pretty spider, and myself, I include Aphonopelma in the list of 'good beginner' spiders.

Rav

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 03:00 PM
Akasha

hehe there really not that bad i don't know why people are so scared of them

cool ok i'll probably get the one at the pet store next week. hey rav have u ever had a common pinktoe?

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

LOL. It's more of an irrational phobia, in my case Akasha!!

Stephanie

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 03:44 PM
Akasha

lol i find a lot of people do but if they get enough exposure they can get over it (lol in augast i took my spiders to a pet fare and only had 2 people run screaming away at the sight of them most were interested and a bit frightened)

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 06:49 PM
ScorchX

Your spiders???? What spiders did you bring?! They were my tarantulas! They ran away from my Mexican Redknee when I had him out on my palm

Tags
pet shop, pet store