Coyote Puppy - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Romping Ratties

Is it possible to relocate her to a sanctuary?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 04:56 PM

I must agree with what everyone's said here... I think maybe you should think about contacting a local wildlife refuge & having them take the pups (kits???) so they can live the way they're supposed to live. I don't know how well a 15-16 year old can take care of a wild animal like that.... (No offense at all, to you, just taking the animal's wellbeing to heart here)
post #33 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

I'm not going to try and find out because what if there isnt then I will just be tellin on myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

I dont think anyone will find out and if she gets loose the city will find her and they all ready know about her and they dont care
post #35 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 08:58 PM
Romping Ratties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel624
I'm not going to try and find out because what if there isnt then I will just be tellin on myself.
Why can't you let the coyote pups go? What happens if they get out and attack and maul someone or eat one of their pets. All that will be held on YOU and your family! It's a very serious issue. These are wild animals that were born in the wild and that should have stayed that way, not have been made into a pet just because the thought of owning one was cool to you. They had a mother to care and feed them and you disrupted that. Why not do the right thing and let them their life?

I am sure the city will care once something terrible happens. There are TONS of rescues and centers out there that would be willing to help. If you want I can even look some up for you so that don't get in trouble and explain the situation to them. Most people would just be relieved and happy that the animal is in a proper facility and could care less about filing charges. Of course, if you inhumanely keep her then you could also be charged for animal cruelty laws etc. Don't mess around with the law.

You shouldn't have had that fox in the first place. You should have called a rehab center, some who was qualified to care for her. What are you feeding your fox? Have she even ever seen a vet?

post #36 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel624
I dont think anyone will find out and if she gets loose the city will find her and they all ready know about her and they dont care
Um ... I'm not saying this to be mean at all ... just to maybe drive home a point to you ... but you just lost your coatimundi and it hasn't been found ... so ... why do you believe it would be different for you to find a fox or a coyote?
post #37 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 10:12 PM

If you call and tell them they aren't going to arrest you ... in fact the park and wildlife service would probably relocate it and just be happy the issue was resolved before it became a problem ... If you want I could call a personal friend I have in S.C. Fish and Game ... he's the head of the herpetology dept. but he'd know how to point us in the right direction for you and your coyote's best interests -- I promise.
post #38 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Admin note: Just a reminder to respect each and every member as a person and human being, regardless of differing opinions.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #39 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 10:29 PM

I'm sorry if I did anything Jade ... it is just that coyotes are dangerous ... if anyone should be keeping them captive it should be a zoo or a private individual who has the proper facilities ... I don't so much care about the fox ... but the coyote could potentially be a public danger when it gets older ... I'd hate to see someone's child or small pet fall victim when it could be prevented.
post #40 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I agree. We just need to remember to keep things nice and respectful toward each member.

Stephanie

post #41 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 10:33 PM

OT -- but geez ... I can tell you're an admin ... I swear that post was up for less than a second before you responded ...
post #42 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Stephanie

post #43 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Romping Ratties

LOL! I am not trying to be mean either but trying to make her understand that there could really be some serious repurcussions if she does keep both the fox and the coyote. I am sure someone on here could offer you all the help you need in locating a facility to care for them. In fact, most likely they will even allow visits.

I am sorry if I sounded harsh. I like others here just want what's best for both the animal and her. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt.

post #44 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I have to agree with everything that has been said here....wild animals should stay in the wild. I don't want to see you getting into trouble out of love Rebel so please seriously consider doing the right thing and getting those pups back to the wild or in a proper facility. I know how cool it would be to own one but you have to think of all the risks.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #45 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

k guys Me and my uncle just took the pups back where we found them. I told him all about what yall said. We are going to check the place tomorrow to see if the mother has come to get them
Closed Thread

Tags
animal cruelty, doing fine, exotic animals, flying squirrel, flying squirrels, pet owner, shepherd mix, wild animal, wild animals