Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
17K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  kourtney2011 
#1 ·
I just got my baby boy this month and he is all I want to talk about and if I don't find someone else besides my fiance to talk I'm going to drive him nuts!!!
I posted this here because it was the onlt category I thought it would fit in but if anyone has a better place for this just let me know.
AngelaT':rolleyes:'

#2 ·
Hello
I have 3 squirrels THEY ARE GREAT!
What is your little guy like? Is he shy or full of happy energy?
I wear a second shirt and let them run inbetween the two, they love this. They are so fast when they move but they usually will stay on me unless I encourage them to jump of to explore.
Tell me about your little guy. :)

#3 ·
WOW!! That's great finally someone to talk to!! He's still small and I haven't had him very long but he's such a joy. I'm doing the bonding process right now and I'm trying to carry him around as much as possible.
Have you ever seen the Clarissa Summers website? She's a squirrel rehabilitator for the state of Tx but she not opposed to keeping them as pets, she has alot of good information, just go to a search engine and look up clarissa summers, squirrels
AngelaT

#4 ·
Hello , to everyone who reads this!!
Hi Chinhappy, sorry I haven't responded to this thread anymore than I did I've been buy with my children.
How long have you had squirrels? Do you have boys and girls? What are they're names?
If there is something that you know now that you wish you would've known starting out what would it have been?
You know we have been wanting a sfs for well over a year and a half and I decided to do alot of reading before getting one, and we were unsure if we were going to have anymore kids and I didn't want anything to come up where we couldn't take care of him anymore. You always here terrible stories about Sugar gliders that are for sale because their owners are either pregnant or have a new baby and I didn't want that to be the case with our squirrly.
So after alot of research, which is very limited on the internet by the way, I probably read everything online 5 times just to make sure that I didn't miss anything. So after doing the research and alot of talking about college and things of that nature we decided that we were'nt going to have anymore children. Which of sourse meant that YEAH! We could adopt the baby squirrel and not have anything to worry about, so I always looked at it as adopting the final member of our family and he IS!!! he has been so good for all of us, He'll even go to my kids and be perfectly content. Whether he grows out of that or not we'll just have to see!!!
AngelaT

#5 ·
I have had squirrels for about 5 years. They only get better. Their funny little tricks are great and they really bond so closely to the ones that handle them. The cutest thing that I think they do is when you give them a piece of their favorite treat, like pecan, they pat your hand as if to say, thank you. At first I just though that it was a coincidence that they patted my hand but ovet the years I find that all of them do this. When giving a special treat through the bars leave your fingers at the bars for a few extra seconds and wait for the pat of thanks.
oops gotta go but I'll be back with more funny squirrel stories!

#6 ·
Debbie,
I got your message, You got another one?!!!Tell me all about it,him/her, I want to know. When did you have time to get another one!!
I'll be waiting patiently:thumbsup:
AngelaT

#7 ·
southern flying squirrels

:bounce:
I just got 2 southern flying squirrels. tarzan and george (as in george in the jungle) . i was woundering , how do you keep them clean?

#9 ·
I have always liked southern Flying Squirls after I saw them on an Animal Planet program. They are so cute and look like they would be fun. What special care do they need? Are they anything like sugar gliders? (I have never owned them either, but my friend has had them. They were so adorable! And so diffrent, too... one was friendly as could be, one could be a tad witchy, and the other was a little bit shy.):merryc:

#12 ·
I have a Southern Flying Squirell!!!

:cheer: Hi. my name is Katie. My Flying Squirells name is george. I did have 2 but my dads cat ate Tarzan. I will talk to anyone..

#14 ·
Don't have Flying Squirels over here in the UK (maybe in the zoos) but i have never seen any, maybe i haven't been looking around enough :crylaugh: .

I have owned a chipmunk, not sure how similar they are other than the others can fly :D

#18 ·
just got my two new babies last night

i just absoutely love sfs.im amazed at the bonds they form with their owners.in one of the darkest hours of my life that i have experinced thus far,it was that little tiny creature that helped me begin to heal.i have two new babies that i just recieved last night.i couldnt be happier! im thrilled this site exsist! i look forward to talkin to other owners who share what has now became my passion!:talk:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.