Flying Squirrel Cage - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Question Flying Squirrel Cage

I got my flying squirrel on April 2003, at that time I didn't knew anything about flying squirrels I brought him home 'cause he seemed so sad and in such a bad condition (he is blind from the left eye, due to a fight with another squirrel in the petstore). And only when I arrived home I started searching on the internet about them. At that time there was not much info

I bought a not very big cage but quite expensive one

This is a pic of the cage in the first days:

Actually it is a bit different. What I want is a bit of help with some ideas so that I can make the cage a better place for my flying squirrel. Considering that I can't buy him a new one now.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Playful Pup

Wow that is small. I currently have a flying squirrel also his name is Tiny Tim. Would you have the time to build a new cage? Its not that hard to do actually. When I built Tiny Tims cage, from start to finish it took me 2 days. All that you would really need is about $40. If you are interested in building one, just talk to me, I can give you some instructions. If you dont have the time, and dont want to get a bigger one (maybe to expensive or something) then there really is not much you can do about improving his current cage. I would suggest taking him out of his cage for a few hours each day to stretch. I hope this helps a little

Also would it be possible to post some pictures of the little guy?

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

I don't have enough money for that now

Yesterday I let him run around the bedroom but I had to catch him to put him back in his cage. And it was quite difficult to catch him! He was mad at me! He made some strong noises! But he never tried to bite me.

How can I make him go back to his cage? I felt so bad to run after him, he was really scared
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 11:29 AM
Playful Pup

try putting some of his favorite treats into his cage and just give him some time to find them......it works for me

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 11:43 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

There are several ideas for sugar glider cages posted at http://www.sugarglider.net/links/pag...ies/index.html

I believe the requirements are darn close to the same for flying squirrels...

The instructions they provide may give you some ideas that will allow you to DIY it from materials already in the home.... Just be creative..and safe

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
flying squirrel, flying squirrels, sugar glider