Granny needs help!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Granny needs help!!!!

My husband brought me home 3 baby squirrels 2 weeks ago. We lost the 2 boys during a cold snap last week. The girl is doing great, we think she is about 6-7 weeks old, tail is furry and fanned out, she is eating pecans, peanuts, cherrios, and whole wheat bread soaked in puppy formula 3xday. Very active, climbs on an oak branch, rolls on a tennis ball, just very squirrelly. My questions are:
She scratches a little, is this normal?
My husband wants to keep her for a pet, we have a dog and cat, is this a good idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Will It Ever Change?

well hello! and welcome to the forum!!!

a squirrel you say! i'm so jealous! it would definitley need a big cage to be indoors. where are you all ready housing it. i suppose if it all ready knows you and that you feed it, you can keep it outside but it could wander off and have no instinct and die. what about talking to a wildlife rehab center? they may be able to help? if you want to keep it as a pet it'll need a cage and lots of extra out of cage running time. my friend has a squirrel and apparently they're just the coolest things! i suppose too that if it stays still long enough you could carefully clip its' nails

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan