kinkajou!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Talking kinkajou!!

im going to save up some money and get a cage- and a WHOLE bunch of toys and stuff and maybe find a baby kinkajou to put in there!!!! i cant wait!! i have written down ALOT of notes- i know ALOT about them.... enough to keep one alive and happy and give him/her a great home!! i have to get a "yes!!" form my dad cuz my stepmom has said "ok" and ill be set!! kool huh!! sorry i just had to share myself... im so happy!!!

if anyone has any comments or say so's on this- clue me in!! id like to hear whatchya got to say

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 03:04 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Please tell me you're no longer getting a kinkajou, considering the fact that you're getting rid of your chins.

Stephanie

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

no jade im not until things get all straightned out. plus i know im keeping the chins- i said a few things to everyone in the house....

toirt- yeah i know how much they go for.... the state codes say nothing about them being against the law unless i were to breed them

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 03:16 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

So this is something that is a long-term goal for you, rather than a short term? I've done some research myself and they're a LOT to handle, not to mention the initial investment. I really think you ought to hold off until you're out of school, including college if you're going. That way you'll know what shape your finances will be in and be better able to provide for one.

Stephanie

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

lol.... LOTS OF WORK.... im going to look @ it as having a kid...

yes ive done millions of pages (ok not millions but enough to know what they need) of research and its just like a kid!

this one lady i was talking to- said she had child safety locks on her cabinets and everything- and her kink opened them and got into the berries and smushed them all up and finger painted ALL OVER the walls of her house. cute- but a handful!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 09:32 PM
nolagurl

Unhappy sorry for my ignorance

what is a kinkajou? can anyone post a pic for me? i'd love to see one!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 09:59 PM

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 10:02 PM
nolagurl

they are very cute but i don't think i'd shell out $3k for one.

where would you acquire one and are they legal to keep as pets in all states?

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 10:29 PM

Honestly Rocheal, I would wait. You are going to be going through some big changes in your life soon and it might not be the right time. I mean just think. You will be going to college, moving out of your parents, working many hours a day (unless you either win the lottery or marry a rich man with a love of animals) I know a man that keeps one as a pet but he also works for the state zoo and does all of the diets for the animals. He has a huge inside/outside enclosure for his kinkajou and is able to work with him everyday.

Now that you have been lectured by all us adults I am sure you will make the right decision for you and if that means you will be getting a kinkajou then I wish you good luck with him or her
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 01:08 PM
Casie

i am not out of high school so my opinion doesnt count for much..but i thought i would say how adorable they are and what a great pet they sound like. i was telling my mom about them and she said if i could save some moeny i could have one..we have room in my house. then after reding up about them i decided to wait until i am out of school completly. to be honest..the thought of having kids appals me (which i guess is a good thing at this age) and i know for a fact i do not want kids until i am iun my early 30's so i think a KJ would be good for me at that time. of course i am not saying things wont change between then and now..but at least if they do i willl be even more glad i waited. i decided to go with a skunk instead...lol...now ROSIE is my baby.:hershey: