Lemurs - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie121
I'm not trying to pick on you, but I just have to say I get concerned when I see the phrase "I'm going to try it out" in this circumstance. Getting any animal, let alone a primate, isn't something just to be tried out.

I DO AGREE!!!! =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 07:11 PM
RAT ADDICT

Out of curiousity...why do you want one? I think you should reconsider as well.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Will It Ever Change?

oh don't get me started on people keeping primates.......

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Thats why I like Denmark. We have very strict rules about what sort of animals we can have.

We are allowed to keep, ehm, they are called squirrel monkeys in danish, I'm not quite sure if it's what you call them, but I think you get the picture.
But you may not ceep them alone. Then they can get confiscated.

But lemurs?
2 of the danish zoos got catta lemurs. They get to run around outside their cage some houers every day, and just their cage - yeah - it's just so big. So I can't really see how a normal person can ceep lemurs. They need SO much spade. Like... The smallest squirrel monkey you can get, you need to have it in a VERY big cage, so a lemur... o_O It would take up something like my room of 25m2, if that is enough...

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 09:06 PM

ive done some research, and decided not to get one, because i found out that if im sick or anyone is sick near the monkey it could get sick and die, and thats

1. a waiste of money

and

2. expenisve for a vet

so im not getting one anymore
post #21 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Title Thief Victim

Same with ferrets, they can cetch human colds.(thats how my friends died)

Carissasaurus Rex

post #22 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Glad your not getting one, but excuse me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalex0145
1. a waiste of money

and

2. expenisve for a vet
It this really the way you look at it with animals?
Thats kinda creepy. If one of my pets died, I wouldn't just think of it as a waist of money

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #23 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Title Thief Victim

I deffianly agree with that... No animal is a waste of money...by saying there a waste of money...thats bassically saying a pets a waste of time and not worth it to you .

Carissasaurus Rex

post #24 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 07:33 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa
I deffianly agree with that... No animal is a waste of money...by saying there a waste of money...thats bassically saying a pets a waste of time and not worth it to you .
Agrees!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #25 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I was never actually wanting to own one for real, I just seen someone on TV with one and it was sooo cute and reminded me of a big fluffy rat/cat!! I just loved them but no not actually getting one!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #26 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 10:16 PM

You guys, I didn't mean it like that. Like its a waste of money. I love all animals, and all my pets, I ment that if I got the monkey, then it died a week later from catching somthing, that would be a waste of money. I hope you all can forgive me and not hate me .

But I didn't mean it like that.
post #27 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i see what you mean, as in its a waste of money because you got it to give it a good home but your cold can kill it so if you cant keep your pet heathly and happy then its not worth having, for you or the animal

[/CENTER]

post #28 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 10:27 PM

Yeah. Thats what I ment, but everyone took it the wrong way .
post #29 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

everyone is used to being around a normal mix of people and some that dont care about animals as much as i believe everyone in this forum does and are used to having to stick up for them... i wouldnt worry about it

[/CENTER]

post #30 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 05:35 PM

i love lemurs, especially ring tailed lemurs, but i would never have one as a pet.i hate when animals are taken from the wild, it must be so stressful for them, my mum once new someone who i visited once and a while who had squrriel monkey, apparntly the monkey was rescued when its mother died after birth and somehow ( i never asked ) he ended up with the monkey, i think but are not sure, it was taken to the vets to be killed (wrong...so wrong)and the vet refused and took it of the guys hands and looked for a new home to adopt it, the monkey was a playfull little thing, about 1 year old is im not mistaken, it had its own bedroom with lots of potted trees and branches.i loved it but for some reason we lost contact with the man when he moved house.apart from reasons like that, i am totally against having animals like that as pets,i would much more enjoy watching it in its natural habitat on programs such as planet earth rather then knowing the lemur had missed out on its life in the wild
(sorry i rambled on abit, i got carried away)

Tags
animal lover, animal sanctuary, exotic animals, wild animal, wild animals