Looking for Breeder - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Looking for Breeder

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum so I am sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but I am looking for a reputable fennec fox breeder in Canada, preferably somewhere close to British Columbia. If anyone knows of one I would greatly appreciate any info.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Adolescent Pup

You can have those as pets? O_o I never knew that.

You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Rodentologist

I think many people would argue that you cannot have a 'responsible' breeder breeding exotics animals that are so poorly suited as pets.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

I am not looking to "argue" with anyone about who and what makes a responible breeder. Seeing the amount of people with exotic pets on this forum I was simply hoping to get a appropriate answer to my question. I have found some breeders already but do not wish to ship across country.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 08:03 PM
RAT ADDICT

I have not heard of any fox "breeders" in the country,aside from fur farmers.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Adolescent Pup

There's a few fennec fox breeders in Canada. You may get a better answer at http://www.raskbb.com/sybilsden/index.php as there are a lot of pet fox owners there of many different species. You should also ask at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CanadianExotics/

Mary
Quasi - - - - Hyzzie - - - - - Pua - - - Jupiter - - - Kat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&
Angel Stewie

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

I will definitly look into those websites thank you.

Tags
breeder, canada, fennec fox