Looking for information on foxes!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Smile Looking for information on foxes!!!

Hey! I am hoping to raise foxes in the future (and maybe other exotic animals such as squirrels and wolves and exotic reptiles)
I'm looking for as much information on raising them as I possibly can. I've already gotten a lot of info from a website called ThePetFox but I am missing a few crucial things.
Exactly what states allow foxes? (I need to plan on moving as it is illegal in my state)
How do I find a TRUSTABLE AND RELIABLE place to purchase a fox?
What breed of fox do you recommend?
Any other information you think I might need???

Also, any recommendations on small exotics??? I'm particularly looking into Squirrels or Raccoons (or maybe even flying squirrels cause they're freakin awesome)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 05:45 PM

raising foxes

There are sanctuaries you can contact specifically for exotics that can give you all the info you need, if there's one close enough to you, offer to help for a few hours cleaning,feeding, etc., to see how much work is involved. I did it a couple years ago in Montana, I went there for 4 days to visit a friend and ended helping out. It was a wonderful experience and taught me a lot, at least now I know I don't want to take on such an undertaking of my own, but the more sanctuaries the better it is for animals who are left homeless because they did too much damage, got too big, people moved and worse of all abandoned. That's the best advice I can give for hands on experience. Good luck to ya
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 03:42 PM
canis lupus familiaris

Also SOME sanctuaries may let you adopt or let you know where a breeder is. Do note that some sanctuaries, like animal shelters, are very touchy about breeders.

Check with new state laws as well. Can you afford the license for an exotic animal in ____ state? Some are illegal unless you are running a sanctuary because they are native animals to whatever state.

Tags
fox, legality of ownership, raccoon, recommendations, squirrel