Our Chipmunk. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Mud
Part of the Pack

Talking Our Chipmunk.

We have a new pet!
its a chipmunk!!he is pretty young, my sister caught him just a few minutes ago, in the house! yes thats right he was in the house, we don't exactly know how or why he was in here, we figure he came in through the open front door but its strange cause Molly was laying right in front of the door. we are going to keep him, at least for a while. so any ideas for names?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 10:52 AM
What If Your Mother Was Watching You

Not sure where you are, but in most states it is illegal to keep a wild-caught native species. He will likely languish and die, sadly, as once-free animals don't do well in captivity and the dietary needs would be challenging. Not to mention, he probably is covereed in mites and spreading them to all your animals. Not to rain on your parade- cause I understand how cute he is and how neat it would be to keep him, but better to just let him go back outside in a safe place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I have been frosted
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Mud
Part of the Pack

i think i worded that wrong. first of all we are only keeping him for a day or 2, we have had several before at different times just for a couple days that were really young and they did ok.we were never planning on keeping him for very long, i was only going to name him for the fun of it. i don't think it is illeagal in my state to keep them but it won't be very long untill we release him into the wild anyway. and he can't give our other pets mites cause he is in a comepletly different room than any other animals.
thanks though for the advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 10:10 PM
RAT ADDICT

How is he? You should take some pics while you still have him!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

If you handle him or his cage/bedding/whatever you can transfer mites. Did you call Animal control or anything about him?

*Missy*

Tags
animal control