Petsmart's Dirty Little Secret - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Petsmart's Dirty Little Secret

Watch to find out how Petsmart acquires its animals that are sold to the public. Go to youtube and type in Petsmart's dirty little secret and share this information with people you know and crosspost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

This really isnt a good topic to start on. The majority of people know where pet shops animals come from and we know its not nice but i believe they have a right to a decent life too and it doesnt matter what happens people will always buy pet shop animals and they will still be bred etc. Its something that isnt going to change in the near future..........

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Newborn Pup

Wow, what a disgusting secret PETSMART has. I will NOT shop there anymore. If people keep buying their animals then they keep supplying (through their filthy animal factories). I will shop elsewhere and will tell others to do the same. If there is no demand for their animals they will stop supplying them. It would be so great to see bird rescues, ferret rescues, bunny rescues, pocket pet rescues, ETC. supplying the pets. When they stop selling animals then and only then will I shop at PETSMART.

thanx for the great video. I will share it with others as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Newborn Pup

Ohmygosh. That made me cry.
How can people treat animals like that??
<//3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tucker
Born December 7, 2oo7
[[Stole my heart the day I laid eyes on him]]
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 06:28 PM
chinchilla breeder

although I have to say that petstores shouldn't sell pets. Not all of the people that supply to pet chains are like that. I know with chinchillas it is the bigger ranches that sell to petstores and they take great care of the chinchillas at their ranches.

Kristy Morici
ABC CHINCHILLAS

Many high quality chinchillas Available..

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Part of the Pack

I didn't watch the video, I'm pretty posetive I know what it will be like. Cazamps, I beg to differ on your one comment.. I don't think people will ALWAYS buy from pet stores. I think more and more awareness is being raised. I'm usually negative and cynical but when it comes to things like this I suppose all we can do is hope and try. One day. Also, if you read this, the rat in your picture is so cute! Is she a dumbo? Er..he? lol.

give your love no matter what.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I do think people will always buy from petstores, but i don't think that it will always have to be a bad thing, as time passes more and more laws are passed on how animals have to be treated and such. So year by year the animals are treated better as more and more is known about them and as it is a better idea to give better care for the big chains as it is more profitable to them to sell healthy animals.

I would much rather buy from some bigger chains than from some mom and pop shops however i would rather buy from some mom and pop shops than from some big chains or breeders

Many think buying from breeders is soo much better but then don't throughly check on the breeder and so forth

[/CENTER]

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

If people stop buying from pet stores, and even breeders like some people want... you won't have rescues and pets for yourself.

If you still want pets, you need to fight for laws and fight for the animals to get rights and be treated properly.

So many people think things are so horrible and whine and complain, yet they do nothing... getting a rescue animal or fostering some animals isn't helping animals as a whole. People need to get out there and really do things to make a change.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!

Last edited by Brittney; 01-26-2009 at 10:16 AM.

Tags
exotic, mill, petsmart