Pua anteater - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Pua anteater

A few photos from her blogs

http://taqmanduagirl.blogspot.com/20...otos-25th.html

http://taqmanduagirl.blogspot.com/20...puas-walk.html

http://taqmanduagirl.blogspot.com/20...a-and-log.html

http://taqmanduagirl.blogspot.com/2008/03/pua-time.html
http://taqmanduagirl.blogspot.com/20...-wine-pua.html

http://taqmanduagirl.blogspot.com/20...ua-action.html

http://taqmanduagirl.blogspot.com/20...puas-hike.html

Now to hide and blame it on the dogs

http://taqmanduagirl.blogspot.com/20...hair-time.html

Mary
Quasi - - - - Hyzzie - - - - - Pua - - - Jupiter - - - Kat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&
Angel Stewie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Part of the Pack

so that is the cutest thing every!
how does it do as a pet?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 02:39 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Very cool critter, and neat pics!

Maureen

Six new rats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thank you.

The link at the bottom of my sig gives a over view in our FAQ

Mary

&
Angel Stewie

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Adolescent Pup

awww,very cute,never heard of an anteater as a pet,but now I have.very interesting to read your faq.just wondering how long they are expected to live,they seem like they would live a while.

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
Spring,Lynard,Georgia,Teddy,7 of Minnie's children, 2 dwarf rats and our rabbit Charlie
*Proud Rat Owner Since 2005*
RIP Ratties
Raven,Gracie,Chloe,Roxanne,Brandy,August, Nicki, Lulu,Lainey,Minnie,Edward,Jasper
RIP Lance We Still Miss You

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 10:40 PM
RAT ADDICT

My gosh what a cutie!

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

The oldest so far was 19yrs. Average was 10 but care has come a long way. So into their teens like a small dogs

Mary

&
Angel Stewie

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Adolescent Pup

that's quite awhile,they remind me of very very intelligent dogs...lol

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
Spring,Lynard,Georgia,Teddy,7 of Minnie's children, 2 dwarf rats and our rabbit Charlie
*Proud Rat Owner Since 2005*
RIP Ratties
Raven,Gracie,Chloe,Roxanne,Brandy,August, Nicki, Lulu,Lainey,Minnie,Edward,Jasper
RIP Lance We Still Miss You

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Will It Ever Change?

wow that thing is just TOO cute!!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

OMG I just had to say, I am sooo jelious of you!!! I really want one, I cant stop looking at your piccies lol! Is red wine safe for them to have? Lol I so want one hehe

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Will It Ever Change?

red wine?? oh i get it lol. just a lick to test it out would be harmless, i doubt it drank the whole glass lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

That was just sparkling grape juice that time. But she does love beer, champagne and wine, but yes she just gets a sip of those from time to time. The only dangers are the same as for you, to much all at once or to much over time. No drunk anteater's here.

They have great personalities. The main problem with owning them is they can be pretty fragile as far as diseases and conditions are concerned and even my "tamandua" experienced ex-zoo vet hasn't been much help when a problem does crop up. So it can be kind of scary having them. They take such a big chunk of your heart.

Mary

&
Angel Stewie

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 02:51 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

hehe, drunk anteaters lol. nah I didnt think much of it when I saw it really- its quite cute actually lol. yeah, as much as I want I dont think I can have one, but loved hearing about yours and reading the faq

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10