Question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2002, 08:51 PM
AnimalLuver

Question

Does anyone know the name of the type of monkey that is very very small and has fur around its face like a Lion?? They are very cute..Ive seen them in a zoo before and I was wondering if anyone knew what I was talking about LOL...They look like such neat litte monkeys!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 12:15 PM
AnimalLuver

No, they are still too big to be them. I wish I could figure out the name of them darn it! Thank you though

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 01:19 PM

The first one you posted is very cute TY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 02:37 PM
AnimalLuver

YES O YES...its the last monkey..the white one....what are they?? aww thank you sooo much!!!!!

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 07:06 PM
Fertile Myrtle

In searching the web I can't find any white ones - so I think those are referred to as silver.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 07:29 PM
AnimalLuver

where can I get a pygmy marmoset or a tamarin?

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 07:32 PM
Fertile Myrtle

I posted another thread in here on the silver - not sure about where to get them, but I'll do some searching for you!

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 07:48 PM

There is a guy in texas that deals with primates, I actually found him searching for flying squirrels and happened along his site. Don't remember the name but I will try to do some searching.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Found this ad - has a huge pic with it!!

We had one baby Marmoset born on 02-28-02. If you look under the mothers right arm you can see the baby. It will be bottle fed and will be ready to go in a few weeks. I call them "Mutmosets" The father is a Geoffroyxcooli, and the mother is a cooli. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions. Shipping will be available, but I would prefer pick up.
$2000.00
All credit cards accepted...USDA liscensed....Air freight shipping only...$25.00 box charge...Phone calls and credit cards will be given preference...
Thanks,
Ryan
806-741-0123

LINK

This one too:

I have a pair of Pygmy Marmosets for sale. They are an unrelated male and female, 9 and 10 months old. They are a bonded pair. Please e-mail me for info and photos. Serious inquiries only.
Tamara

LINK

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 08:05 PM
AnimalLuver

Thank You!

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 08:07 PM
Fertile Myrtle

You bet! Also, I posted a link in the thread "Marmoset Websites" - that guy seems to know his stuff, you could email him and see if he can help you find a breeder.

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 08:17 PM

When looking for this guy (that I couldn't find again - of course!) I came across various other sites that sell some really exotic animals. One site was actually selling tigers Just don't get it. When people have all of these different types of animals I call them zoos (and I mean the real ones lol) One site even sold deer. Uh, there is an overpopulation of them here and I can look in my back yard and see them!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 09:26 PM
AnimalLuver

Aw monkeys are adorable but so hard to take care of.
Does anyone have a monkey??

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2002, 10:37 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Ok, the one I posted is a silver but the one you posted isn't, correct? LOl

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2002, 12:29 AM
AnimalLuver

After reading all that info..I think Ill stick to looking at pictures and the monkeys in the zoo LOL...sigh..I have too many animals as it is. It would be very awsome to have a monkey though. The little ones are the cutest..having a monkey is like having a child.. Thanks for ALL the interesting info Christi

Tags
exotic animals, flying squirrel, flying squirrels