Really Bad News !!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Really Bad News !!!!

My coatimundi Tara is gone !!!! The other night I went to feed her and didnt shut the cage door all the way !!! I feel so horrible. I had her for 2 years and now she is gone. We have not found her yet and she got out saturday night. I dont know what to do. I have called everyone and have put up pictures. I even ride around the neighborhood every night for about an hour at least 3 times a night. I feel so bad !!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 06:15 PM

Don't give up hope! many people may be mistaking her for a racoon or some wild animal and not someones pet. Try calling your local police and the animal control officer for you town/county if those weren't included in the people you called. Make sure you give them a picture of Tara too so they don't get confused. Also call surrounding area any towns that border close to you. They may use a different animals control officer. Check all the animal shelters and pounds and contact any wildlife rescues (especially ones that specialize in raccoons because that is most likely what she will be mistaken for). Check for areas that have had their garbage messed with lately it could be areas that she was looking for food. Good luck hon and I hope you find her soon.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Ive dont most of that I hope I can find her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

OH no!!! I am so sorry! Please don't give up! I hope she comes home, oh I hope!!

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Fingers, toes, and paws are all crossed for her safe return.

Stephanie

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 07:20 PM

I do hope you find her! Don't give up and we are here for you!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I hope you find her soon!!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Romping Ratties

OMG I am so so sorry to hear this! Also contact any veterinarians in your town and the towns closest to you. Put posters EVERYWHERE! Even the petshops, put up flyers that offer a reward. You don't have to say how much the reward is, but if someone has seen something you are more likely to get a call. Go door to door to every neighbors house. Look around your house. Check under your house if you have anywhere she can climb up in. Make sure ALL your neighbors know of her dissapearence. You want to avoid city fines if you could, so hopefully you find her before the city does. Most of all don't give up hope. I know how hard it is. I just lost my Mystic not too long ago. Accidents happen, and it was a mistake. You love her very much and would never put her in jeopardy in any way. I really hope you find her.

Is it possible to contact the local radio station/news channel? They may love a story like this! Also, although this sounds horrible you should also have your local dead animal pickup number to call, just in case. I called everyday when Mystic was gone and would have loved to know if he died, rather than never know what happened to him. I know how you feel.

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Oh no! I hope you find her. I will pray that she is returned safely to you.

Rhonda

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Miss New Booty

Oh no!!!! I am so sorry to hear this!!!!! I hope Tara comes home, don't give up! We are all here for you.

~* Jackie *~

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 07:34 AM

That is such an odd pet ... someone is bound to recognize it ... don't give up hope!! I'd contact shelters, vets, and the SPCA ... and animal control ... I'm not so sure about putting up flyers though ... that is a personal call ... the bad thing about that is that if someone were to see it wandering about they would call animal control, right? but, if they knew it was possible to keep it as a pet (because of the flyers) they might be inclined just to keep it themselves. Because if its shock value.

I've seen it happen a lot with large tortoises ... I mean, yeah, logic would suggest that if you are the only one in the area to have a 200 lb tort and someone steals it everyone will know they stole your tort but it doesn't always work that way and that is something that you might have to deal with, too ... just something to chew over ...

Where in S.C. do you live? Is there anything I can do to help?

Last edited by elfomatic; 04-02-2004 at 07:37 AM.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 03:18 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this - I'm sure you are stressing out. I hope you find Tara soon.....good luck!
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 03:21 PM

Good luck looking for Tara! I hope you find her!
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 09:05 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I hope you find her soon!! My prayers are with you for her safe return!

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 10:10 PM

I hope you find her soon, maybe you can offer a reward on your posters

Tags
animal control, animal control officer, animal shelter, animal shelters, wild animal