Rebel624 I need some help - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Rebel624 I need some help

Could you give me any information on how you raised your fox Misty? I am going to purchase a fox in July and I just need to know any information I can get ahold of. I have read a billion things about raising them, but any personal information or opinions would be great. Also, since you have owned it for over 14 weeks, did Misty get difficult around that time? Supposedly, that is about the time the fear response kicks in and they start acting like a fox instead of a dog. Also, I plan to use the help of our young dog in tameing the new fox as I have heard that that is a good idea. The fox is able to pick up on the dog's behaviours and adopts them as its own. If you have any advice on this, it would be greatly appreciated. I love hearing about how tame Misty is as this gives me great hope. I plan to give it more time than needed in human socialization and we have plenty of land for it to live on. I look forward to hearing from you.

Take Care,
Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 11:07 AM

Who are you buying this fox from? What kind is it? I have never raised a fox, but people who have have told me that they are really smelly, they make a lot of noise at night, and they are very hyper. The only advice I can give is don't try to keep this guy as an inside only pet. Build a large, strong, outside enclosure with a lot of stuff inside it for the fox to play with when it gets older. Also, socialize the pup from a very early age. Expose it to a lot of new places and people all the time, even as it is in adulthood. Go to www.wolfpark.com, e-mail their staff, they might be able to direct you to a good fox-keeping source.

~Seij
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 01:36 AM

I kept a fennec for several years, and this link: www.efexotics.com has info on several fox species.