skunk gone mad - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Flag skunk gone mad

My name is Stephen, me and my roommate have a pet skunk, her names daisy mae. we feed her alot of left overs, especially meat, she drinks alot of water and beer a couple times. i know thats wrong but it might be an issue so im being honest. We always play with her and have fun with her and we think she likes it but who knows. She loves to be pet and will cuddle with you when shes nice, and rarely bites at anyone, but shes bitten my roommate twice in the past week and try's with other people trying to calm her down. but lately shes flipped her wig and is making loud weird noises shes never made before, she wont let anyone get close to her and she rubs her vagina on the floor and peoples shoes. We think she might even be in heat but were not experts. I need help and as much information as i can get.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 12:40 PM

This should help. and STOP feeding it beer. its just wrong
Quote:
Vet Care?
Scent glands have been surgically removed by the time they are four to sixes old. Skunks require canine distemper shots as a puppy would, with a yearly booster. Spaying and neutering is critical. If not done, the stress of a "heat cycle" can impair the health of females, and unneutered males can become aggressive. A regular worming program is essential.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

left overs probably arent the best diet for a pet skunk i think normally they are fed cat food but i'm not really sure

You HAVE to get her on a good diet, stop giving her beer (bad!) get her vet care you will probably want to get her spayed and make sure its legal to have a pet skunk in your state!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 08:25 PM

A skunk drinking beer, lol.
Nice, you should stop it before it gets drunk though.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 08:35 PM
RAT ADDICT

I have to agree with the above posters.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

help would be nice

Nothing any of you said has helped me in any way. It makes no sense to tell me what i allready know. does someone want to buy her????

thanks.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Adolescent Pup

It sounds like she is in heat and needs spayed. You'd rater sell her tan pay to spay her?

Mary
Quasi - - - - Hyzzie - - - - - Pua - - - Jupiter - - - Kat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&
Angel Stewie

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Part of the Pack

taking her to the vet to be spayed might help. right? so they tried to help you.
Its sad that you have an animal that, when in need of help, you just ask if someone wants to buy her.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Curmudgeon

Dude, go to the vet or give her to the humane society. From the way you take care of her (beer, leftovers?), and your impulse to sell her when things go wrong, it looks like you aren't to a point in your life where you are able to take care of a pet.

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

if you already know that you weren't feeding her the right diet and the spaying might help and vet care is needed why didn't you do it?

Tags
cat food, heat cycle, humane society, neutered male, vet care