The Skunks ! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 10:26 AM
KK-

The Skunks !

Pandora and Prometheus are our two skunks. Pandora is a chocolate and Prometheus is black. THANKS to Skunkluv for making it possible for me to have these two wonderful critters.

Prometheus stomping at me ! He's sooo tough !

Pandora looking for the crumbs she KNOWS someone must have dropped !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 01:09 PM

They are very cute! How are skunks as pets? My mom is just dying to get a pet skunk.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 01:39 PM
KK-

They're a lot like a cat, a cat that is NEVER full ! They run about the house sniffing, digging, sure to hunt down any crumb or morsel that someone else may have missed !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 02:28 PM
Skunkluv

My pleasure, Rhonda! I know that they couldn't have a better home than they do with you!

What do you mean that they are always hungry?? Heeheee.....

Like little walking Hoover's, aren't they??? I went shopping JUST for skunk food the other day. Otherwise, there is never enough room in the cart!!

Michelle and the crew

post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 04:00 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Rhonda!!! You're making me VERY jealous!! Beautiful skunks you have there!

Someday I hope to get a skunk.....hopefully in the next 2 years when I get my own house. Any idea where I can be put on a waiting list for a baby?

I'll keep doing research in the mean time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 05:16 PM
Skunkluv

Right here, Scarlette! I'd be happy to help you get a baby in the spring. You can email me at [email protected].

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 05:34 PM

Very cute pictures! Dumb questions, do your skunks still spray?(I mean i don't know why they wouldn't)
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 05:49 PM
Skunkluv

It's only a stupid question if you ask me when you are delivering my pizza. Then, the answer is "of course they spray!" Heehee...but truth be told, domestic skunks are descented at approximately three weeks of age, before you ever see them.

post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 06:04 PM
Neuroticah

they're adorable! are they skitish at all?

post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 06:18 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

AWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

I had a chance to get one while I was visiting Florida a few years ago but I didn't want to impulse buy before I knew more. Seeing these cute faces are making me want one sooooooo badly right NOW!

Rhonda

post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 08:37 PM
Skunkluv

Skittish? Depends on your definition. They don't care for newcomers, so a lot of times people don't even know I have skunks. Sometimes, especially around meal time, they'll venture out. Especially my baby, Tabu and my big male, Van Gogh. All of mine, with the exception of Tabu, are rescues. You'll never see Fiona or Thumper, and may only catch a glimpse of Daisy. But when it's just us, or frequent visitors, they are always roaming about.

Pretty cute, huh Scarlette?? In Michigan, you have to get a skunk from within the state. So it's a good thing you didn't get the one in Florida!! There is a breeder in Michigan, but you are welcome to come on over the next time you are in Florida!

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 08:53 PM
Member formerly known as MistyLea21

Go figure the one other animal I desperatly want is a skunk and is illegal in Texas. I can friggin own a PD, or many other exotics, but not a skunk!

Misty

Silver Mist Studios

Custom Designer Jewelry, Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads and More!

Eyes Of Texas Chinchillas

post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 08:56 PM

Oh I see, I didn't know descenting was an option! That makes them even cuter!
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 08:54 AM
KK-

They are adorable, and soooooooo bad sometimes.

Let me tell ya about my evening last night !

As some of you know my husband has been ill, he was discharged from the hospital yesterday ( 2 hours away ) So I go to get him, I come home about 10pm. We sit down and hear this HUGE noise from the chin room ( where Prometheus lives ) I go back to find the following - A HUGE bag of bedding shredded, there is about an inch of bedding all over the room, a 25 pound bag of pot belly pig food mixed in with the bedding ( guess he didn't like it or it would have been GONE ) and one missing skunk. I look and look and can't find him, suddenly I hear a noise behind me, I turn around and look up, there sits Prometheus ON TOP of my upright freezer !! I still can't figure out how he gets up there !! The only thing next to it is a couple fishing poles, my guess is he shimmies up the poles somehow ( something I'd love to have on video mind you ) and gets to the top.

So, I move the poles, clean up the mess, and go to bed....this morning I wake up to find EVERYTHING that was on the top of my freezer tossed to the floor, and my skunk is once again MIA - I walk to the kitchen for a drink and find the trash can upturned, garbage EVERYWHERE ! The little bugger somehow escaped the room again and trashed my kitchen overnight !! He took one look at me, stomped, and RAN for cover ! He not only updumped the trash can, he also opened every cupboard door and removed all my pots and pans from them, they were mixed in w/ the garbage on the floor !

He's such a bugger, ingenious too !! I think I'm going to have to video tape him at night to see how he's getting out of his room ! I just can't figure it out, and how he's climbing up the freezer is just beyond me ! I think he builds ladders or something.

Overall he's just like having a puppy in the house, he gets in the trash, he finds ways into things that you think are impossible, but he's a DOLL, and you just can't stay mad long LOL

*KK who is now running off to clean up the kitchen mess he left me.

post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 09:05 AM
Skunkluv

ROFL!!! Welcome to my world, Rhonda!! Actually, mine have yet to pull a stunt of this magnatude. Usually, it's either messing with the fake trees, OR the cabinets, OR trying to pry the lid off of the dog food container.

Promethius is at least one behavioral problem that I had NOTHING to do with!! All Pandora does is stalk your dog....

Tags
chin room, dog food, pig food