Photos! sleeping ideas? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

sleeping ideas?

well my 2 ground squirrels haved sleep in the bottem of the cage on a nest of paper towel i gived them to shred up. but as of lately they have been sleep in thier foodbowl (after they eats the foods every night) on the top shelf of the cage and honestly i dont know how they fits into it. and i doesnt look comfortable atall. i haved try giving them a wooden hut but they just use anything like that enclosed as a litterbox. so shuld i just get another foodbowl one for foods and one for sleeping? or have any other ideas they might like more. so heres a pic of them sleeping in the foodbowl also ive included some others pic just because they is cute
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (61.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (78.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (79.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (64.4 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Part of the Pack

Oh! They look adorable! Perhaps they would like a hammock? My rat has a hanging tent thing and used to have a hammock and she LOVED it. You could even make one. The hammock would be good for open top, if thats what they like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

give your love no matter what.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Sounds like they like tight places.
If you understand danish, you could try out this site: http://www.praeriehunde.dk/Forside.html

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 01:23 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, they are so cute! I don't have any ideas about where they should sleep, but I did enjoy the pictures.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

What about a food bowl we would eat out of? Like we would eat our soup out of? they might find that more comfortable!? LOL they are adorable!

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Part of the Pack

I agree with clairebee1, a bigger dish and maybe put something soft in it? The pictures are adorable by the way!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 03:16 AM

OMG! I want them!!! They are adorable. If you send them to me I will give them all the food bowls they want to sleep in. Hee hee. How cute they are. We don't have them over here. I don't think you can own them here. Can we? I doubt it or I would have them! LOL Thank you so much for sharing. More pictures, please!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Part of the Pack

Are they like..normal squirrels? I've never seen them before. I guess not though if they're called ground squirrels lol

give your love no matter what.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the ideas! i will try a hammok aswell as a more rounded metal mixing bowl culd work well.

hmm i dont know exaktly what normal sqirrels (tree squirrels?) is like as a pet but my ground squirrels are more calm i wuld think. and they eats more grass than nuts. and they dont climb very well but love high places. i can put one on my head and he love just sitting there looking around. once Swen falled asleep on my head (i have sort of crazy hair like a mohawk) and finaly my neck hurted from beeing stll i haved to wake him. i rekomend ground squirrels to anyone who have the time and money they are more loving then you ever think for a rodent. and ill post a pic of the new sleepingplace if one work out.

Tags
bedding, richarson ground squirrel, sleeping