Southern Flying Squirrels - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

Southern Flying Squirrels

I am really interested in these little guys. I have been trying to do some research but there isn't a lot out there that I can trust. I have gone through just about every site and few mentioned that cedar was a good substrate and the diets all varied. One diet said that they should have pecans others said that pecans are very fattening. One diet said it should be half fruit and half peanuts! Okay if I were a flying squirrel living in North America would my wildlife diet really consist mostly of peanuts.

I know cdfarm posted but is there anyone who owns one or knows someone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 08:43 AM

it's me again

Dena,
Mine gets fed mostly nuts. I get parrot seed which has a little of everything in it. Then I collect or buy pecans and acorns. And he gets one or 2 of these a day. Mine doesn't really care for fruit alot maybe a raisin,piece of apple every once in awhile. In his water I had some Avitron(bird vitamins) to it. And he seems to be content and healthy with this. Hope this helps you some.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. It does help a bunch. Since I own parrots and they only get the best fruit and nut mixes I have a good idea what you mean. Now I just need to find a breeder somewhere near the tri state area!

Tags
flying squirrel