Photos! Summer Fun with Pua - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Summer Fun with Pua

http://taqmanduagirl.blogspot.com/20...2_archive.html
We passed a couple dogs on the way. I had to carry her past a big one. they seemed to think their dog was vicious so chose to get off the trail with him to let us past. He looked okay but that was nice of them.

Tree Sniffing

Climbing a cliff

She went down a deer path but came up the hard way

Pua by the River: video
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tamanduagirl/3741465901/

Pua found a mud hole

Muddy Anteater

Heading across the rock bridge

Pua taking a hike: video
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tamandu...7605523593846/

Pua checks out the water

She kept checking out the river but not going in

Looking for a way across

I'm not swimming today

I found something

Smelling the breeze

Traversing the tree roots

Rinsing off

I set her in the shallows to rinse the stinky mud off. She was not happy.

I quit

Pua's legs turned to jello

It's nice having a carry bag

I carried her half way back then she woke up and walked

Crossing the decaying bridge

Mary
Quasi - - - - Hyzzie - - - - - Pua - - - Jupiter - - - Kat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&
Angel Stewie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww she is a cutie! How did you get an anteater as a pet?!! Too cool! x

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Hello Earthling

Cute!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awesome! I love seeing your pictures.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Wow........
So gorgeous ive never seen anything like her! LOL
Im sure you spoil her rotten! how could'nt ya?!

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Part of the Pack

yay! more pua pics and videos! i want one one day but i'm pretty sure that won't happen. you're really lucky to have her, and it looks like she's really lucky to have you guys!

Pets name: Cheryl

Pets name: Kimberley

Babies:
rats: girls:belle, beauty and sweetness Boys: ronnie and oscar
Dogs: Cassie, Jazzmin and Buddy
Cat: Pebbles
Hamster: Skye
gerbils: Tremor and Sparkle
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
:, scabbyquail
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Coolio! I wish I had an anteater. So unique!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 01:30 AM

That is so cute!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazsamps View Post
Aww she is a cutie! How did you get an anteater as a pet?!! Too cool! x
Lots of hard work, really. Spent years just learning about them and developing a good diet based on studies and talking with zoos. Pua was imported From Guyana. She was a failure at wild living and needed nursed back to health. It was a year after contacting the guy before he found me one. We are now waiting on a male for her. He will be from the wild too. I went into this on my blog recently. They are often killed as a nuisance animal. People freak and either kill them or call authorities to come get them just for coming into the yard but some walk right into people's homes. We're anxiously waiting some young male fresh from mom to wander where he shouldn't be and be sent to us instead of killed. The importer will only sell to those with a USDA license.

Stewie was born in Florida so a domestic kid but we were very lucky to get him. There are not enough domestic borns to be found. Of course we hope Pua and her new man will have a kid or two once they get to know each other.

Back to the question a bit I also worked with other exotics for a few years before getting my own.

Mary

&
Angel Stewie

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks all.

Here's a few more pictures

Straddling a tree

Happy

ROTFL

She's got attitude

Pua on my back - using me like a jungle gym

Mary

&
Angel Stewie

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

Neat pics! I love seeing pics of Pua, she is so cute!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 07:23 AM

wow shes amazing...
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

thank you. I got a good yawn shot of her recently. I love when she yawns.

She's wearing a hoody sweater

Mary

&
Angel Stewie

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 06:47 PM

That's a yawn? Omg that is ADORABLE!!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 07:33 PM
RAT ADDICT

Gosh! I love Pua! Your pictures are awesome!!
Just curious though...should you really try breeding them? Especially if you get a wild male? Why breed them?? I am just wondering.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
anteater, exotic, pet, tamandua