Tarantulas? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 02:10 AM
Akasha

Question Tarantulas?

Anyone out there ahve tarantulas my boyfriend has one and we plan to get a bunch more. Just wondering if you guys had any.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:23 AM
Herp Nerd

I have 8... 2 rio grande copperbacks, a venezualen greenbottle blue, a california ebony, an ecuadorian blue femur beauty, a mexican blood leg, a common pinktoe, and a brazilian white knee.

Rav
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 11:40 AM
ChinTopia

EWWWWWWWWWW EWWWWWWWWWWW EWWWWWWWWWWW EWWWWWWWWW
I mean, n, we dont have any

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 04:56 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I second that, CT. Spiders are one of my two unnatural phobias!! *shudder*

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 05:07 PM
Akasha

aww there cute. I'm having a lot of difficulty finding some info on the green bottle blue tarantula i need some care info but nooooo there is no stat sheet out there. and Phil (the tarantula store) isn't replying to my message bah i wanted to get one today now i'll hvae to wait.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 05:45 PM
Herp Nerd

I found tons of info when I was websearching before buying my greenbottle. Anyway, they are pretty easy to keep.

They are a scrubland/semi dry forest species. They are semi-arboreal, a little vertical room to move around as well as some space to make a burrowed retreat in their cage. 80-84F, ~60% humidity.

They can be a little skittish, but not too bad. They do like to web up their cage alot.

Rav
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 06:07 PM
Akasha

thanx. I looked around online but really couldn't find much. I'll probaby get mine tonight (i have to keep it at my boyfriends or my mom will have a heart attack) We got a mexican red knee the beginning of january and he/she just molted and it's legs look like a million times to large for it, she looks awkward lol. neways thank you very much i didn't want to get one until i had a bit more info on it.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 08:44 PM
Akasha

Come on guys Spiders are very interesting animals there's got to be more than 2 people on here that have em.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2002, 01:03 AM
Akasha

aww they're awesome! You only have to feed them about 2 crickets every 2-3 days plus they're one of the most gorgeous animals to keep. My boyfriend has a b. smithi and he is amazing, a very calm spider my boyfriend picks him up and such. My tarantula however is a pig he'll eat 1-2 large crix a day and he's only a baby. He's vicious he'll have the cricket before it's been in the tank 30 seconds. But you should get one. And if it turns out you don't really want one after a while i'll take it lol.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2002, 09:50 AM
Akasha

awwwwww thats so sweet. I love my little guy and i can't wait for another. But unless my work decides to schedual me more ofter i'm screwed. I'll be working a ton over the summer so I'll probably get one or several then