Update on baby Owen - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Angry Update on baby Owen

Hello all!
Well some of you know that I recently got my baby Southern Flying Squirrel this month and I thought I would tell everyone how he is doing. I am still hand feeding him 4 times a day and he's growing bigger everyday. Lastnight we had the ratty girls out for their play time, and we keep Owen in a bonding pouch (somewhat like you do a Sugarglider) so he stays warm and so I know what he's doing (he's so tiny!!). He decided to peek his head out and see what all the noise was about and him and Biggles meet face to face and started sniffing eachother like crazy!
I was a little nervous cause Biggles is the fiesty one and I didn't know if she would nibble on him or not. Anyway she went on about her business and little baby Owen was hanging as far out of his bag as he possibly could, (without actually coming out) just to see what they where doing. It was so cute. Then he got a little bit braver and came out onto the carpet, then Maisy ran by him scared the crap out of him and he took off!!!!! Needless to say I was scrambling to 'calmly' scoop him up, lickily I grabbed him just before he ran behind the entertainment center!!!
I was so lucky that I caught him. I think him and the girls will get along pretty good I'm just going to have to do it in small steps!
I am also promising Pics as soon as I get my digital cam back, which should be soon. So be patient with me
AngelaT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 10:07 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

He sounds really cute. I'm looking forward to some pics!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 02:19 PM

I wanna see!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 07:02 PM

I cannot wait for pictures he sounds adorable!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 08:09 PM

Ummm, any pics yet?

Rhonda

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 08:17 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

me too! I want to see pics! I don't think I have ever seen one of those... they sound adorable.

[center]

[
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Sorry no pics yet but hopefully I'll get the camers tomorrow so I can take pics over the weekend!! Just keep your fingers crossed, I'm waiting for Casey to get off his butt and go get it from his Mom and he doesn't ever move as fast as I want him too!!
AngelaT
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 10:05 PM

How about now? Just checking.

Rhonda

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

I know how much you love oictures here so I wouldn't promise without delivering, BUT (isn't there always a catch!) I won't get my camera back until tonight and then I have to take the kids trick or treating so it will probably be tomorrow or Sunday -k-
But I will get them posted. He's so cute you're gonna love him!
AngelaT

Tags
flying squirrel, southern flying squirrel