Wallaby - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Other Exotics Post here about any exotics not listed - and topics relevant to all exotics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Wallaby

BTW I loved the pic in the "look what I got to love on" pic

ok so I really want one of these guys and have been doing lots of research. Does anyone have any good resources where I could get more info? anyone have one? or has any expereince with them? I know basicly nothing and am looking forward to researching them,but am having trouble finding info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Adolescent Pup

I worked with them for years and ours never seemed to get sick but I've shied away from the idea of ever getting any because I'm on the wallaby list too and they seem so fragile, so many diseases and illnesses special to them.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wallaby/
They are farmyard style pets, they need sun or get rickets, They need a large area to run and play in. They need a friend of their own species to hang around with. They don't really potty train and they love to chew on things.

Nothing like holding a joey in your arms or being kisses/licked by an adult but it's a huge commitment. You'll want some serious money set aside too for when they get sick, it is much more expensive than most pets. If at all possible you should get some hands on experience. There's a special way to picking them up safely.

Mary
Quasi - - - - Hyzzie - - - - - Pua - - - Jupiter - - - Kat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&
Angel Stewie

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 07:11 PM
laugh often

google or altavista search engine should have info on them. If you don't get anything you can type in caring for or basic care guide lines.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 05:18 PM

We have a wallaby and he uses his litter box pretty well. He has never been sick and is a really great pet. Basically bullet proof, he plays with a bulldog all day and cuddles whenever. Never had any health problems. As long as you use common sense and keep harmful things (for any pet) away than you should be fine. I mean they live in Australia, so they have to be pretty tough! The only problem he's encountered is he once ripped off his toenail and it bled for about 15-20 mins but we wrapped it in gauze and he went on hoppin'!

PS, What is this wallaby list??
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Adolescent Pup

Where all the wallaby people hang out
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wallaby/

Mary
Quasi - - - - Hyzzie - - - - - Pua - - - Jupiter - - - Kat

&
Angel Stewie

Tags
potty train