about ready to try again - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

about ready to try again

well its been five days since i last tryed a bonding session. maybe even six days by now. i think i am ready to try again tonight or tomorrow. and i have a few questions for you

how do you know when your rabbits are about to start fighting. mine just appear to be interested in each other and smelling each other, and all of a sudden BOOM they are fighting (or appear to be)
how do i know that they are fighting?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Usually before a fight the tail is raised and they kind of move from side to side. But honestly, it happens so fast I haven't noticed all the behaviour that goes on beforehand.

Oh, and one might stop their foot.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

hmmm thanks.
i dont notice them doing any of that before a fight...
i guess all rabbits are diffrent. they fought after circling, so i guess next time the start circling i should just break them up

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Circling is often a sign of a fight about to begin.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Part of the Pack

my older one - Thimble- makes grunting noises. shes sounds like a little wind-up piggie- but that's never a good sound coming from her. it means she's pretty mad and about to attack.

2 crazy little girl bunnies:
Ninnles &
Luna ...and... 2 beautiful and wonderful rattles:

Pixie & Mischief... and... 1 sweet little chinchilla
Neo... and last ~ but not least ~ 7 crazy cats & kittens:
Dorian, Ana, V, Evie, Dantes, Maggie, & Sparrow

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

ohh thanks. yeah Ryo sorta does a loud grunt. but i am unsure if it means she is angry. she does a very simular grunt but ALOT quiter when i am about to feed her, or when she is happy to see me.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Adolescent Pup

the circling can be play but when it gets real fast you might see one bun lunge with ears pinned back or slyly turn and nip other bun..
best when circling gets heated...seperate them and stroke them and then put side by side and stroke..this is when oscar used to slyly turn his head and bite bif!
you just have to persevere every single time..seperate and stroke..put each others wees and poos in their litter pans..so when their litter pans go back in the right cages..they will smell a bit of each other
nipping and fur pulling isnt fighting..but when things start getting rough..theyre about to fight...
if youre stressed theyll get stressed and fight anyway..as soon as you feel too tense or worried..pop them back in their cages and do it later when youve calmed down..
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

thanks!

Tags
litter pan