An ABSOLUTE angel??? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 12:02 PM

I was thinking about you and Jellybean today because Rusty (male mini-rex) was throwing a fit. He was tearing up his grass mats, dumping his bowls, and just throwing a fit. And that was after I gave him his breakfast! I'm starting to think that male bunnies are more demanding than females. My last male rabbit was so frantic and demanding all the time. Rusty is a lot more mellow and sweet, but he gets in his moods when he wants something. My female isn't like that at all. And she's a dwarf, she's supposed to have attitude! But instead of throwing a fit when she wants something, she stands up on her hind legs and looks as cute as can be. She's very intelligent too. I don't know, maybe its a guy thing? LOL. I hope Jellybean calms down a little bit for you, but I just wanted to let you know that I go through the same things with Rusty sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Its great to know Im not alone. I have a really rough time with him, but I try to look on the bright side: at least he has never growled or bit me. Id rather have an annoying bunny then a mean one!

All I can do now is be patient!
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetara03
Its great to know Im not alone. I have a really rough time with him, but I try to look on the bright side: at least he has never growled or bit me. Id rather have an annoying bunny then a mean one!

All I can do now is be patient!
Your not alone. They are smart! Once they figure out how to get out, they will keep trying. Remember how Rusty got out twice that day? Now he is always trying. He actually got out today and I had like three hair ties holding the pen closed! We are going to build him a cage like yours soon except I want to leave the top open because I prefer it that way. It makes it easier for me to clean the litter boxes and I like reaching in to pet the bunnies. When he found out he couldn't get out again, he destroyed his pen. He totally shredded all his grass mats and dumped his bowls! But he is never mean to me like Mo was. Mo would actually try to bite me sometimes and he would lunge at me. Sometimes Sonora gets frustrated and bites the bars or kicks all the litter out of her litter box, but she is way calmer than Rusty. She probably knows that she can't get out. Silly buns!

Tags
feline pine, hind legs, litter box, litter box training, litter boxes, neutered male