Accidentally kicked my bunny!!! :( - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Accidentally kicked my bunny!!! :(

Last night, I was walking into my kitchen, and Flash ran right in front of my foot while I wasn't looking. He had been in the living room, more than 20 feet away, so I didn't expect him to follow me so quickly. This is where his name comes from.

I partially tripped over him. I kept my footing, but it really felt like I'd given him a solid kick. Of course, the first thing I did was got down on the floor and started petting him. He was a little nervous and ran away from me at first, but I managed to get him to come to me, and I pet him and snuggled up some. I made a point of patting down every part of his body to see if he responded, and he didn't act like he was in any pain or anything, so I don't think I kicked him as hard as it seemed when it happened. I do wish I'd seen where I kicked him, but I only felt it at the time.

So I gave him two baby carrots, and he acted all happy and chowed down like normal, so I figured everything was ok. This morning, he got all excited for his breakfast and ate like normal, so I think he's fine. It was just scary at the time, though, because it really felt like I'd kicked him hard enough to hurt him.

The other good thing is that he did let me comfort him and calm him down after it happened. He's only been living with me since April, and he's still sometimes a little aloof, so I wasn't sure if he liked me enough to let me comfort him. But he snuggled right up to me when he was scared last night, once I pet him for a second to get him to stop running in a panic.

--Fromper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Poor Flash and poor you. I know how horrible that is because Teddy has done that to me. They come out of no where sometimes. I have to be really careful when I vaccuum Teddy's room. He isn't afraid at all so he will come right up to it. I am always afraid of hitting him.
It sounds like you did a good job of making him feel better. Give him pets from me.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Playful Pup

no worries... he wll be ok.. my bun does that all the time especially when its feeding time. I need to tip toe around the house..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Betta Bomb

awww, Akina always does this to me. i hope she wouldnt nd i think yours is ok,peace
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Adolescent Pup

I'm glad his fine... just keep on eye on him...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

He's being his normal playful self tonight. There may be a little black and blue under his red fur, but I can't see it, and he's not acting injured, so I think all's forgiven.

--Fromper
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Adolescent Pup

i sympathize... just yesterday, my husbadm reached into our change jar for a couple of laundry quarters, and he dropped two RIGHT on lucy's head, from pretty high up. she looked a little stunned. he feels awful. but she doesn;t seem to be feeling it now. i'll bet that if flash was really hurt, he'd have let you know!

George orwell
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Playful Pup

It happen to snoopy which I actually also stepped on him once. I was washing dishes, as I was trying to just step back to get something from the cabinet below, oops, there was snoopy sitting right behind my foot and step on him a little. He ran immediately back to his cage and I gave him some treat and be happy again. So now, if I know he is playing in the kitchen while working, I would slide my feet if I need to back up to get something in my cabinet below because he also likes to sit some where close to me (which I don't notice). And also likes to run between my feet or just suddenly appear while I'm walking.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Will It Ever Change?

awww hun! probably scared you both a ton!! glad he's okay, these things happen

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan

Tags
bunny