Addition - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Addition

I am thinking on one day, not any time soon, but maybe in spring or summer, getting another rabbit. I plan on getting a female flop as Akina is a female also. I have read a lot on bonding and I was wondering if anyone knows if 2 females are a better idea and if they would bond faster.

She had a friend, Mr.Bunnyhead and they got alone quite pleasantly for the few days I had him, no fighting at all, and she lives with cats. I do remember when she was small she was very social around all of the rabbits my breeder had so hoping she may adapt quicker with a companion. Ideas?

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

You might want to actually get a male as male/female bondings tend to be easiest. However, I don't think it matters too much .

My best advice is to take things slowly and try not to rush. And of course make sure both rabbits are spayed/neutered.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Title Thief Victim

Ohh bun buns! i agree with Sasami !!

Carissasaurus Rex

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami
You might want to actually get a male as male/female bondings tend to be easiest. However, I don't think it matters too much .

My best advice is to take things slowly and try not to rush. And of course make sure both rabbits are spayed/neutered.

I agree.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 05:37 PM

I have a male& female.Both are getting neutered & spayed.Much easier than 2 males or 2 females.I had it all before.These two are the most attached.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Mine are a male/female couple and they are almost always next to eachother. Either way spaying/neutering is a neccessity. Hormones make us all do and say things we may not otherwise.
I saw such a difference in both of my buns after their procedure. Much nicer than before.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 06:37 PM

An easier bond may be a neutered male. Male & Female bonds seem to go quickly (usually).
The rescue I volunteer with, we have the lady who runs things, she is a rabbit expert and knows almost all the rabbits we have in rescue. When a person is wanting a new bunny for their bunny as a companion, she will usually let you pick which bunnies interest you, meet your bunny and then get an idea of what bunny would get long best with him/her personality wise.
So if you can find a rescue close by, talk to the volunteers there, tell them about your bunny and her personality, then tell them what you are looking for. More then likely they can narrow down your search to the perfect bunny friend

i have thought of bonding a third neutered male to two of my males... but we'll see.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Yeah she loved Mr.Bunnyhead a lot, even thou she had to wear a homemade diaper around him as he was not neutered.. But I do know she is very social, her breeder made sure to have her used to all different rabbits if in case someone wanted to add on another one in the future. So the problem would be the temperament of the one I am adding on.

No, no rabbit rescues here, if there are usually are around Easter when people go and buy bunnies and then dump them on the SPCA. But I will have an eye out when I do look for my lop! Andrea I love Jackpot, he is adorable!! But then again ALL rabbits are!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:34 AM

I recently rescued a female for my neutered male. It took about a week (pretty fast) before I could even put them together and then only under supervision. Since your little girl is already there I would suggest a little neutered male. She is going to be territorial no matter who you bring in so be sure and read up on the bonding process and take it slow. Little girls are more high strung than most little boys. Mine actually compliment each other. Little boy is laid back and little girl is bossy. They get along great.

Tags
neutered male