Additude Problem - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Additude Problem

Since putting the NIC house in Ani & Bo's pen, Ani has become allot more agressive towards me.
She's always been a "feet flicker" when she's ticked off at me (for picking her up, or trying) and she's always been a bit of a grunter too, but now she makes more of a growling noise and lungs at my hands.
I pet her when she does this, which can be difficult, i'm not a real big fan of bites. I pet her and give her a treat and talk nicely to her, Bo has no problem and is as loveable as before.
I'm guessing she's protecting her new house. They rip up the carpet and i try to clean it up each day, but when i do she shows these behaviours again.
Whats's her problem?
Should i have away the new house?

I don't want to be bitten, and i don't want her thinking this behaviour is ok, because it's not.

Any ideas, sugesstions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 12:15 PM

oh my! i completely sympathize with yoru situation. sometimes my Thimble will act very aggressively with me on my own bed!!! she tries to kick me off of it and bats me with her paws, grunts, and even nips! she thinks she is so tough. it is funny because her nips don't break my skin or anything, but at the same time i don't want her thinking she can act like that. she only acts this way on my bed.

there's a couple of things i do to curb this behavior. first of all, can you pick up Ani and hold her? Because the best way to put Thimble in her bunny-place when she acts aggressive is to pick her up immediately and hold her in a cradling position. She immediatley calms down and relaxes. It's like sometimes she just goes into overdrive when she's digging in the covers on the bed, and needs to be brought back to reality or something

If you can't pick her up, another thing i do with Thimble is put my hand on the top of her head and tell her 'no' very sternly. I keep my hand there until she calms down and submits. She lies down on her stomach and relaxes. Then i start massaging her cheeks and she calms down completely. When she is acting nice i gove her a treat to smooth things over so she knows i'm not mad at a her.

I hope something like this can work for you and Ani.
good luck!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fane81
If you can't pick her up, another thing i do with Thimble is put my hand on the top of her head and tell her 'no' very sternly. I keep my hand there until she calms down and submits. She lies down on her stomach and relaxes. Then i start massaging her cheeks and she calms down completely.
When we first got Daisy, she was extremely nervous about everything. This method worked very well on her. Make sure you cover her eyes when you put your hand on her head (you get a kind of a "hear no evil, see no evil" reaction), then with just a single finger (you can use your thumb while your hand is still on her head), and rub her nose in direction with her fur. This is the same method many mothers of different species comfort their babies, and rubbing her cheeks will help her stop jittering and clenching her teeth.

She may just be getting use to her new surroundings and will probably snap out of this mood fairly quickly. Good Luck!