advice please, heat related - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down advice please, heat related

i have an apointment to take my rabbit in to the vet saturday at noon. she isnt sick (i hope not) she is just going for a general check up and age estimate.
however the AC JUST went out in the car. i definally know there is no way i can have it fixed my then. Saturday it will be 94 degrees. the pet carrier doesnt offer too good of ventalaion. i wonder if its safe to roll down the windows in the back (where she will be) to keep her cool. i would hate for her to get sick or somthing from the windows down and being hot for a 30 minute drive (30 there and 30 back)

maybe i should just cancel the apointment? could i freeze some water bottles to but in her carrier?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 12:07 PM

Frozen waterbottles are an excellent idea. That doesn't sound like too long a trip, and if there is any kind of breeze it will certainly help.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

awsome. i was thinking she would probably be okay. i wish i had a better carrier that offered more ventallation.... and more room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 01:09 PM

yea- i had the same fear when i had to take my rats to the vet last summer and i had no a/c in my old car (and their carrier was also not well ventilated) so i used frozen water bottles and they were fine. i'm sure if it works for rats it will work for rabbits too
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 04:39 PM

I would suggest the frozen water bottles too.. I do that for my bunnies when it is very hot.. The best ones to use are fizzy pop ones..