At it again :/ - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

At it again :/

I WISH I didnt have to say this but Akina's got another flippin' abscess coming on her freaken' cheek. If only I could count the abscesses she's had so far and gain a dollar for every one. It's SO frustrating to be scrounging up student loan money for my bunny. Good thing her dr. is nice about it and don't charge me for the visits anymore.
Poor thing. Her last abscess was a combo of abscess and cyst so the dr. decided to go against the Deopcillin injections but this time he better hook me up bc my lil Akina is almost 5 years old now and we both would like her to be abscess free for the rest of it.
And it keeps going back and forth!! Its back on the side where she had her 2 teeth removed. Her eye is beginning to bulge again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Ack! I'm sorry; what's causing it, do you know?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Oh no! I'm sorry, I hope this time everything can work out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

No idea whats causing it. Thought that maybe Illusion could be responsible but he doesnt bother Akina, he only bugs Acacia (and not to the point of breaking skin). I think it might just be genetic. She came from some schmo who bred bunnies, other small animals and god knows what else and my cousin bought her thinking that it was a reputable breeder. (Maybe she was but she sure as heck didnt mind packing up her bags and running when the time was right never to speak to us again). So Im left thinking that it's genetic.
Acacia only ever had 1 abscess and that was caused by her jumping out of her pen and fighting with Akina through the bars of the pens. Akina has been fight-free forever now. I dont know whats causing it.
Thanks I hope that the vet can hook me up with the depocillin and that he shows ME how to give it bc I CANNOT get the hour long bus ride (or 20$ cab) out to that vet twice a week :/
We can onll wait and see. Actually when I cleaned out their pens today I checked on her cheek and felt it and stuff and it's not a quickly progressive lump yet but its def there so I need to make an appointment There goes my tax refund....