Allergies.. :( - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

Unhappy Allergies.. :(

As well some of you might know, Hoppity has been at davids parents house for nearly a month now.. cuz they've been doing things with our apartment.. and well we havent really told them about the rabbit yet.. we've been going over there atleast every other night to make sure he has food and water, and his moms been feeding him too..
well, usually when we go over there, i take his littler box out to clean it and david gives him fresh hay and stuff.. well i went over there and did it all today.. and i got so sick! i mean.. the hay has always made me sneeze a little when i spend too much time with it (like when i tie it into bundles for him) But today was horrid.. my eyes started to water, i got all stuffy, and my throat got really tight like i couldn't breath.. i had to go use my inhalor and go sit outside awhile jus so i could breath normally again.. it was bad..
I dont know if maybe this bag of hay is different somehow? or do you think its just because hes been gone for so long im not used to it anymore? or maybe my allergy has gotten worse somehow? his hay has never made me that sick before.. if it happens again, im afraid were gonna have to find him a new home.. im almost scared to go back over there to feed him.. i love my hoppity soo much... but maybe it would be best to stay looking for a possible new home for him.. Would anyone on here that lives close-ish be interested? Im kinda scared to put an Ad up or something around here.. i think alot of people around here look at rabbits as food.. or fur.. maybe after we move he could be an outdoor bunny? but i really dont like that idea.. it gets really hot here in the summer.. maybe if when we move we had a shed or something.. i dunno.. it all makes me really depressed.. and hearing david say "when we move... blah blah blah" its driving me nuts.. the whole house search is horrid, we've looked at 2 pretty nice houses the other day and he doesnt like either of them, because they only have one bathroom, and the yards are kinda small.. i think one bathroom we own is better than one were renting.. bleh.. this prolly hsoulda gone in vents.. cuz i ramble.. heh.. i ramble alot.. sorry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Title Thief Victim

Awww im sorry, I hope it was just a one time thing.

Hugs

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

thanks carissa, i really miss him..

((and sorry for all the typos in that first post.. ))

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Title Thief Victim

ehhh i have typo's all the time! lol

I know you miss your bun bun. Hopfully it wont happen again. :-( I would take him but I live a LONG ways away...

Carissasaurus Rex

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

yeah i know, everyone on here seems to live far away, i thought posting here was worth a shot tho

My Furry Family
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Title Thief Victim

yea, couldnt hurt. I know what you mean! like no one lives even remotly near me...lol and some people havent ever herd of my state...Shesh! lol

Carissasaurus Rex

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

It might've just been that bag of hay. That hay might've been more dusty or contained mold. What brand of hay is it?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

Kaytee, same as we always buy, but his brother got it from the petstore in the city for us, cuz they have bigger bags, and its a little cheaper, we've gotten it from there plenty of times before too

My Furry Family
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i dont know bunnies well but could you get pellets? they make hay pellets right? when i was little my moms bunny had pellets, but that was before people had indoor buns i think.

[/CENTER]

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 11:47 PM
Title Thief Victim

his he potty trained? lol mine was..only need a litter box and a hammok, some blankets he was set for like..untill his life ended tragically

Carissasaurus Rex

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa
his he potty trained? lol mine was..only need a litter box and a hammok, some blankets he was set for like..untill his life ended tragically
Yep my rabbit is potty trained too, sometimes when you let him out, if you give him too much space to explore, or a new place to explore, he will potty around, but after hes done marked everything he will go back to using his litter box..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle
i dont know bunnies well but could you get pellets? they make hay pellets right? when i was little my moms bunny had pellets, but that was before people had indoor buns i think.
he has pellets too, but rabbits are supposed to have fresh hay aswell, i think he would be a happy little camper if i fed him nothing but his pellets, but they need the hay, for fiber, or else they will get a blockage.. and well that doesnt usually end well..

My Furry Family
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 12:16 AM

I don't know much about hay in the U.S maybe try to change to a different hay I heard that Timothy hay is great for rabbits. here where i live i use oaten hay and its the closest to the timothy and my daughter has allergies and it does not seem to bother her ( I know everyone is different but you never know)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 12:17 AM

Oh BTW I hope you dont have to give him a new home
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I would try another bag of hay. Sasami is probably right. It probably has a mold in it that you may not be used to. I swear molds get my allergies going.
Don't give up. And I thought I saw hay blocks on Oxbow's site. They are compressed hay with much less dust. I am pretty sure it said you can use them in place of loose hay. I have never seen them in a store near me or I would have tried them. In addition to the normal hay. After all, they just love to sit in their litter box and munch on their hay....ewwww....

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

oh ok, when we had our bunny it was an out door bunny and he ate grass for his fresh food just moved around his cage hehe

[/CENTER]

Tags
litter box, potty train, potty trained, timothy hay