any ideas on keeping ryo off here staples? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

any ideas on keeping ryo off here staples?

Ryo seems to be licking at her staples (from the spay)
i am so worried that i will wake up in the moring and she has no staples, a gashing wound, and i have to rush her to the vet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 11:59 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I had this problem with both my girls. We got a large mens sock, cut the toe part off and put on them, like a body suit. It took two people to get it on but it worked like a charm. Just make sure it's not too tight but my girls had there's on for a week.
Oh and we did this because shadow, one of my girls, actually did pull her staples out. Lucky there were three layers of stitches underneath but I did have to stop her from getting to the wound!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

yes ryo has glue and stitches, all sorts of stuff too.
looks like she pulled out 3 staples last night. i called the vet and she said that as long as the skin wasnt seperated it would be alright.
i have heard about the large tube sock, i might have to try it. i am scared that it wouldnt get air and take longer to heal tho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 11:42 AM

yes the sock trick really works. I used a baby sock on one of my rats before when she had a tumor removed from her chest. she had ripped out two stitches and was bleeding! so i rushed her to the vet they told me about the "sock cast." it worked well, but my little girl rat hated it with a passion. it was worth it though, and it healed just fine. good luck with Ryo!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

im soooo debating on it. Ryo seemed to had picked out another one and it looks slightly open. i dont think its nothing to worry about. i am nervous. the vet who spayed her had a death in the family and cant see any pets for another 3 days. i dont know what to do. if i wait till tomorrow she may NEED to see a vet and cannot.
the vet is in today, i dont know if i am taking her or waiting. i think i need to try that sock cast. i cant imagine trying to get that one her without her riping out some stitches trying to get away from me. what to do what to do.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

i hope this is okay. i got a hankerchief and safty pinned it around her pretty tightly. she doesnt even seen to mind it. looks like its on good. and it will be easy for me to take it on and off to look at her staples.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

spoke too soon. she will not have it.
i dont want the safty pins to hurt her, so i took it off.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

How big is she? Would an infant onsie work?

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 07:41 PM

I havent come across that before, all my bunnies have just has stiches! I hope she is ok?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

im gonna try the tude sock thing. i found a really streachy one. she is 5.9lbs. i'll tell ya how the sock works out.

infant onesy is a good idea. but i think she is a little small for that... dontcha think so?
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

LOL i meant tube
not tude
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 08:43 PM

trouble with stitches

I hope you are doing good now . You have had some trouble can't our kids just are little stinkers.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

she is doing great now. im not worried one bit!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 05:41 PM

this is very good to hear!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

i dont think she has bugged herself any today. i cutt of her sock to look at her wound and there is one spot that looks like its maybe missing a staple (i think i told yall bout this earlier) well... its a little red. but i think it is due to irration becuase the sock didnt cover up all of her boo boo and it was sorta laying there on the last bit. so she isnt wearing a sock now. she hasnt for about 10 hrs. and she hasnt bugged it. i think why she was buggin it so much a few days ago is becuase i didnt give her the injection very good and she was in pain.