Anyone ever had a bunny with Vent disease (rabbit syphillis?) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Anyone ever had a bunny with Vent disease (rabbit syphillis?)

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had a bunny with Vents disease (rabbit syphillis)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Betta Bomb

Never thought of such diseases affecting bunnies TBH. I found this link hope it helps : http://www.threelittleladiesrabbitry...bbit-syphilis/
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Part of the Pack

Our bunny Molly had syphillis when she was a baby. She probably contracted it during birth. She started to get a really red irritated nose. We took her to the vet and they had no idea what it was but contacted veterinery college and showed pictures of her and they suggested syphillis. She was given penicillin and it cleared up in a few weeks. Our other rabbit was also given injections to make sure he did not contract it. Our cost for vet care was $1000.00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

WOW--I'm very greatful that I have this site to send my questions too- bc though my vet is great--even has a flemish giant rabbit in his facility that he had actually found running wild as a baby like 6 years ago--he isn't 'rabbit-savy' SO--it would have taken a LOT longer to really figure out how to begin treatment with my bunnies...I printed out the info with pics and called him up and told him what I thought it was--why I thought that is what it was--and what bunny pros have done as treatment. He then went and did his OWN research and was better able to answer my questions and offer treaments that he believed would be beneficial---our total cost for BOTH bunnies $88.00 AND that includes an extra bottle of tresaderm for Jacks nose (as pain relief)--and ear mite test (no ear mites--i didn't think their were--I just think Millie has a small -not red- patch of this stuff beginning on the outside of one of her ears.