ANYONE ONE NOW? Please help... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

ANYONE ONE NOW? Please help...

I tried breeding my rabbit again. She had them today but I think she might have had them too soon. Two are still alive but three are dead....I'm not sure what to do? She hasn't even built a nest for them this time...please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

I guess my question is how long are rabbits supposed to be pregnant?
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

You are breeding bunnies???? I hope you've visited your local wild life care center before you did that!!! There is no need for more baby bunnies!!!

I'm sorry but you're in the wrong place if you are trying to breed and make money!!!

Meg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

No not make money! I would never! I love my bunnies....what happened was she got pregnant earlier with her cage mate then all the babies ended up dying so I wanted to try to get at least one baby bunny from her because they're so cute...that's all....never breeding for money.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

But now the babies are making squeaking noises and I thought rabbits were supposed to be pregnant for 6 weeks....I'm just worried about them and I wasn't expecting to have them yet....
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 10:08 PM
can't think of one, help

Sounds like its not a good idea for her to be pregnant. You should consult a vet and then think seriously about having her spayed

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Well the mother seems to be doing okay...I mean she's pulling out hair now like she's was supposed to have done and seems to be taking care of them...I'll have to check in the morning to see if their tummys are full and hope for the best. Thank you for the advice. I'm hoping to get her spayed and one of my males neutered so I can put them back together. I'll try to post an update later...
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 12:37 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

maybe they are premature. They may have a chance though. If you have to feed them they only eat 2 times a day in the morning and at night. Read up on how much and how often and things. They aren't like other animals where they eat every 2-4 hours when they are born, you can kill a baby bunny if you feed too much.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the advice on how much to feed them.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Only feed them yourself if the mother doesn't have milk, or stops taking care of them though. Mother's milk is always what's best.

How early do you think she had them? Maybe she could have gotten to the male earlier then you thought?

Also, what kind is she and what kind was the father, and how old was the mother when she had her first litter?

Good luck - Keep us updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 11:57 AM
can't think of one, help

pictures would be nice too....................[I]grinning sheepishly

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 03:53 PM
I am allergic to maths

Everyone likes a good excuse for cute pics...
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 05:43 PM
is a little "special"

I dont have any advice, but good luck with them! I hope you can get her spayed soon
Yes, definatly post some pics! Hehe, baby buns are SO cute <3

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Part of the Pack

I basically agree with meggieQC. I hope the rabbits do alright, but if you dont know anything to expect you probably shouldnt be breeding. Check out your local shelter, maybe.

give your love no matter what.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

With her first litter she was about ehh.....I'm guessing 7 months. I was never 100% sure of her age when I got her from the pet store. I ended up naming her Isabella grace...or bella for short. The two babies seem to be doing fine. One keeps wondering out of the semi nest that Bella ended up building. Their stomachs are big and round in the mornings when i check on them so the mother definatly looks like she's taking care of them. Her first litter happend on Valentines day. All but one died when she had them then I ended up having to try and bottle feeding the survivor because the emergency care place said that would be the best thing for the situation. The first babby from her litter lasted 10 days with being bottled fed...but it was her first litter. Okay so...she is a nutherlan dwarf loop ear((spell?)) and the male I believe she was mated with is a Dwarf. I don't think she could have gotten pregnat earlier because I had kept her separate from either of the males I have. I think the male she mated with this time is a bit smaller so I'm sure that affected the earlier birth....and I thought she was supposed to have them around May 2nd. The father is about 5 years old so I wanted to try to get some babbies from him since he is such a lovely bunny ^_^. Ummm pictures....I'll try to get some but I don't have a camra but I might be able to borrow one.

Thank you for all the advice! I'm sorry it took so long to respond and I hope I didn't misword anything to confuse you, if I did please feel free to ask. Thank you for the help and the hope they'll do okay and of course I will always give my love to any furry family member I have ((Even the scaly one ^_^)) Thank you everyone, and I'll try to get pics up....

Tags
babby rabbit questions