Baby Rabbit Injured Please Help Me - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Baby Rabbit Injured Please Help Me

I have called just about 40 diffferent vets, wildlife centers and EVERYTHING EVER in the state of CT, and no one will help me...... this rabbit is old enough to live on its own, but it is still a baby yet, it was attacked by a cat, some inards are haning out ..............., and bitten badly on its leg, it is current in my 80 gallon aquarium with water and timorthy hay, and is not panting or on its side, it is walking, but slow, and stops alot and I am so scared.... I know I may have to have it euthinized but I am just so confused, no vets or anyone will help or take it in, I just dont know what to do...

Erin :tongue2:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Little Ellie (Lion wfb het) and Max (Black Beauty)
Miceys - Carmello, Penelo, Ichigo, and little Hebe.
Gerbils Jerrry and Pickles
Hamster Piggy the hamster Spiny Mice - Pikachu, and her mommy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Feel free to ask me about animals, I'd be happy to help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Playful Pup

oh my goodness, is it like a wild hare? or someone left a pet easter bunny go wild?
Poor little thing, if you don't get its stomach sewn up he cant last for long...infection and what not. Good luck, probably no one will help, it will probably be up to you to take it to the vet, will the vet not even help if you pay? I had a dying dog one time in labor and no one would help me cuz I was poor, but willing to pay 50$ a month, finally there was this one caring vet who when she found out the circumstances did not even ask about money even though I informed her before she operated that I didnt have the whole 6 hundred up front, I appreciated it so much I made sure I never missed a single payment.Unfortunately governmental agencies and law enforcement see animals as inanimate objects, property, so the suffering of the bunny will never come into play. I wish there was something i could do for you. Good luck

Last edited by terrylynnn9; 05-26-2006 at 02:30 AM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

it is a baby cotton tail ...........I am just hyterical here, it is dying, and things haning out, and I dont know what to do .................... the vets all said no, even the wildlife centers and everyone, I cant get anyone to help or even just euthernize it and end its suffering.........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

and im very sorry about your dog.......

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

were you able to find help for the poor little thing?

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 10:28 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

I can't imagine that a wildlife center would turn down an injured rabbit. That makes no sense at all.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 10:39 AM
Suffers from Title Envy

they did that too me too guys. only thing wrong with it is that the dogs broke its back, and it couldnt move its back legs. NO ONE would see it at a vet, and no wildlife center would take it.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 10:49 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Are you guys under 18 or something. I still can't believe it. I have taken a few wild animals to a wildlife rescue and they didn't hesitate on helping them. Also I found an injured cat once that my vet took also, even though it wasn't mine and I didn't pay for the vet bill. That is what they are there for, what exactly did they say?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Go to this link
http://www.rabbit.org/care/vets.html

Then go down to CT (i don't know if u are southern or northern) Those are vets recommended by rabbit.org. They should at least be able to euthanize the bunny. If it is really bad i think they won't try to help him/her cause it would be too costly and not have a lot of chances to survive.

Tell us how it goes

Good Luck
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambieruns10
Are you guys under 18 or something. I still can't believe it. I have taken a few wild animals to a wildlife rescue and they didn't hesitate on helping them. Also I found an injured cat once that my vet took also, even though it wasn't mine and I didn't pay for the vet bill. That is what they are there for, what exactly did they say?
With rabbits they don't seem to take them in because either the feel they can't help them or because there are already so many. It also depends on where you live.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

no im 19. was then too. they talked to me on the phone and told me there is nothing they can do with it.
they wouldnt see it! no vets or wildlife center! i know thats messed up.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

http://www.rabbit.org/care/vets.html I've been here before, but thank you, there is were I found a crazy guy who told me to poison it, and he is a rehabilitater! I finally hadit euthinized, thank you all, I spoken to a vet directly and brought it to him, he couldnt refuse once he saw it , but I am happy it is not in pain anymore, thank you guys again be being here.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

no problem. im glad to here its no longer in pain

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

It was very kind of you to help it. I am sorry you had to go through that. At least the little bunny is at peace.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny

Tags
wild animal, wild animals