and back to the vet.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

and back to the vet....

found a weird bump on lucy? kinda the size of a pimple, red, doesn't seem to bother her much. like a little sore or something? she's been pretty adventurous lately, and trying to smush herself into places she doesn't really fit, so i wouldn't be surprised if it's just a little wound. we're taking her into the vet saturday, she needs her last shot of ivermectin anyways (the vet wanted to treat her out of fear that she might have had mites from the breeder.) am i overreacting to take her to the vet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

George orwell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

* i guess the good thing is, we're really getting to know our vet before we get her spayed!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

George orwell
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I don't think you are over reacting. Like you said she needs her last shot so she will be there. It would be silly not to show them.
It may be gone by then. Teddy had a really bad night earlier this year. Bean bit him and tore his ear and then he banged his eye later that same night. I think he knocked a small metal bowl like thing down and it hit his eye. I was so glad I took him to the vets. The ear thing was not a big problem - just some antibiotics. But the eye took some trips before the vet was happy with the way it looked.
Bunnies can be klutzs.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathydip View Post
Bunnies can be klutzs.
Luckily, Flash seems to have outgrown that phase. When I first got him, he'd do laps around my living room at full speed, and sometimes he'd ram a wall and stun himself. It's like he'd be trying to cut around the corner where the living room meets a hallway, and he'd misjudge the space and hit the wall right at the corner. Just recently, he ran in front of my feet and got kicked, as I mentioned in another thread, but that was partially my fault for not watching where I was walking with him out of his cage.

But back to the original topic, I'm all in favor of taking pets to the vet for even the little stuff. You can never be too safe.

--Fromper
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Part of the Pack

Lol, yea, of course you're not over reacting My vet always teases me that I can't get enough of them because im there so much. Better safe then sorry!

give your love no matter what.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yay! we have a clean bill of health! it was just a scratch, the vet kinda giggled at me for bringing her in. but she did get her last shot of ivermectin, and another checkup, good weight, good teeth, good ears etc. it's funny though, rambunctuous as lucy is, she sorta goes into shock at the vet. poor baby. she got nummies when she came home!

George orwell
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Part of the Pack

Thats good to hear! I was actually kind of worried lol

give your love no matter what.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

aw, thanks marmalade love! just replied to your pm. yeah, she's good, just not happy abotu the vet. ;-)

George orwell
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

ps- isn't it cute how we worry about each other's buns? ;-)

George orwell
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Rodentologist

I'm glad your bunny is ok! Our vet is the same way, but he realizes why I'm so paranoid and a lot of times is nice enough not to charge me if all I bring in is someone for him to look at and get told they're ok, lol.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry