Bad pee pee bunny - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Bad pee pee bunny

Hi,
I'm having a problem with my little Joey. He's about 4 1/2 months old and I've had him for about a month. He's done great with the potty breaking, only going in his litter pan in his house but lately when he comes out to run, he's been sneaking (and I do mean sneaking, cuz he only does this when he see's my back turned) to my couch, jumping on top of it and peeing/spraying and pooping. Is there something I am doing wrong? Is there a way to train him to not do it? When I see him jumping up there I yell at him and he runs away but he always seems to want to go back and sometimes I miss him and catch him too late.
Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 04:35 AM
Will It Ever Change?

is he neutered? that might be a factor

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I'm sorry, I should have included that info. Yes, he is neutered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

I have a bunny that isn't allowed on the bed, because he has accidents on it and chews/digs the blankets.

We just make sure to watch him closly and if he gets up on the bed we tell him "down", then give him a treat when he gets down off the bed.

Make sure when he has accidents you clean it reallllly well, so that he can't smell that he's gone there before.

How old is he? I would go back to litter training him in a small area, don't let him have run of the whole room or house untill he uses his litter box only when confined to a smaller area. Or you could just block off the areas he likes to go to the bathroom, like the couch, untill he learns to only go in his box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 07:33 AM
Playful Pup

YH Like Dragonrain said...he might be marking his territory !!

My rabbits havn't done that but i'm sure it's that.

U will really have to clean it because he will keep going back there again and again... i hope you have luck doing this...

also find his fav. treats and feed him then... just before he jumps up say no and then give him a treat if he doesn't jump up

Good luck

XX

RsBowden, Thanks for helping me.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Miss twiggals.

Tupence.

Burt

Ruby.

Billy.

Princess

Simpkinn
(gone Missing)

Bubbles

Dillie R.I.P
go to
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thank you for your replies. I will go back over the couch where he's gone bathroom and make sure it is extremely clean. I'll also confine him to small areas again, like I did in the beginning.

I really hope I can get this taken care of, he's so good about not going anywhere but his pan and I've been so proud of him.

This is my baby

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Aww your bun is too cute!

I came across the thread and just had to giggle at the topic line..hehe
I know its not really funny to you though. I do hope he stops pee peeing and pooping on your sofa!

Lve Never Fails

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Awwwww he's adorable! Does he have blue eyes too? I love blue eyed buns!

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Yes, he does have blue eyes! And this little tuft of hair that sticks straight up between his ears like Stripe in The Gremlins!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Part of the Pack

What a sweet bunny...except for the behaviour with the sofa. The sofa must smell too much of people for his liking. Perhaps he is planning on staking claim to it as his lounging spot. I think he is probably starting to mark his territory though as he is the right age for this behaviour to begin. Joey has a terrific cage...nice and large. What are you using as the flooring on the shelf?
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thank you luckybunny, I believe it's called coroplast, it's plastic used to make signs with. I bought a case of it on ebay for pretty cheap. It cleans up so nice. Under the coroplast is plain ol' plywood.

Thanks so much everyone!

I'm so glad I found this forum!

Last edited by Joey; 05-13-2008 at 01:50 PM.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Part of the Pack

I could tell that the bottom was coroplast but not the shelf. I use it too but my buns chew the edges on the shelf. I was looking for another solution that would be easy to clean.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Rodentologist

You may want to put in a bigger litterpan and put a hayrack over it. These things have always encouraged buns in our rescue to be better litter trained.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thank you Jennicat, do you use a kitty litter pan for your buns? The one I have is a small kitty litter pan and I thought I might have to change it for a bigger one when he gets older but will do it now if it will help. Also, what kind of a hayrack do you use?
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Rodentologist

We either use a very large cat litterpan, or a bit rubbermain container (that's short and wide, obviously) in the same way.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Tags
kitty litter, litter box, litter pan, litter train, litter trained, litter training